Aotearoa New Zealand Centre / Pūtahi ki Aotearoa
Nau mai, haere mai Welcome
- The Aotearoa New Zealand Centre obtains and makes available both contemporary and historical material, in a variety of formats, about New Zealand. In particular we collect material about Christchurch and the Canterbury region.
- The Centre is both a research and a heritage resource.
- No material may be borrowed from the Centre.
- The Centre is located in the Central Library which is currently closed due to the 22 February 2011 earthquake.
Services may still be available while the Central Library is closed
Some Aotearoa New Zealand Centre resources have been relocated to Central Library Peterborough and some to Central Library Tuam. Other resources may be in storage or archived but available on request.
- Books and pamphlets
- Government Publications
- Genealogical material
- Newspapers and newspaper indexes
- Māori material