Central Library Peterborough – Te Kete Wānanga o Peterborough
Central Library Peterborough is open at 87-91 Peterborough Street from Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm, and Saturday and Sunday 10am – 5pm.
- 91 Peterborough Street,
- Christchurch 8013
- workph: +64 3 941 7923
- urlwww: christchurchcitylibraries.com/Central/Peterborough/
- Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm
- Saturday and Sunday 10am – 5pm
Check Metro bus information for buses in the area.
Parking outside the library is available for library customers, including disabled access.
Transport for Christchurch lists the best access routes. There are considerable roadworks in the central business district.
Our collection includes more than 70,000 items including:
- CDs and DVDs
- Talking books.
The languages available are Afrikaans, Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Thai, and Vietnamese. There are also small selections of Hindi and Italian magazines.
Children’s material is available in: Afrikaans, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Cook Island Maori, Chinese, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Niuean, Persian, Russian, Samoan, Spanish, Thai, Tokelauan, Tongan and Vietnamese.
- Services available at all Christchurch City Libraries
- Book a librarian one on one sessions
- There is no café at the library, but on weekdays The Flying Cup coffee cart parks nearby on the corner of Colombo and Peterborough Streets.
- New self service kiosks
- Public toilets in the library, including disabled access
- Events & classes – see calendar below
Computers & internet access
Events & classes
Take a tour inside the library
Richard Killeen: The inner binding is a Christchurch Art Gallery Outer Spaces project in association with Christchurch City Libraries. This art work decorates the windows of the Central Peterborough Library.