Central Library Peterborough - Te Kete Wānanga o Peterborough
Central Library Peterborough is open at 87-91 Peterborough Street from Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm, and Saturday and Sunday 10am - 5pm.
Roadworks effects on Central Peterborough Library access
Because of ongoing work to install new manholes and the main sewer in Peterborough Street the car park at Central Peterborough Library can only be accessed from an easterly direction (i.e Colombo Street). Pedestrian and cycle access from the west (Durham Street) is unaffected.
- 91 Peterborough Street,
- Christchurch 8013
- workph: +64 3 941 7923
- urlwww: christchurchcitylibraries.com/Central/Peterborough/
- Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm
- Saturday and Sunday 10am - 5pm
Check Metro bus information for buses in the area.
Parking outside the library is available for library customers, including disabled access.
Please check Transport for Christchurch for the best access routes as there are considerable roadworks in the Central Business District.
Our collection includes more than 70,000 items including:
- CDs and DVDs
- Talking books.
The languages available are Afrikaans, Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Thai, and Vietnamese. Some children’s material is available in these languages. There is also a small selection of Hindi magazines.
- Services available at all Christchurch City Libraries
- Book a librarian one on one sessions
- There is no café at the library, but on weekdays The Flying Cup coffee cart parks nearby on the corner of Colombo and Peterborough Streets.
- New self service kiosks
- Public toilets in the library, including disabled access
- Events & classes - see calendar below
Computers & internet access
Events & classes
Take a tour inside the library
Richard Killeen: The inner binding is a Christchurch Art Gallery Outer Spaces project in association with Christchurch City Libraries. This art work decorates the windows of the Central Peterborough Library.