Our collection of newspapers — current and historical — covers local and national publications, plus the Australian Financial Review. You can read paper copies of some newspapers and get online access to thousands more. This page provides links to help you explore our newspaper collections.
Access newspapers online
Digital versions of most New Zealand and overseas newspapers are available online. As well as the various New Zealand newspaper websites, the Source includes many New Zealand newspapers.
Use at a library or enter your library card & password / PIN.
- Press Display
- Press Display has full-page replicas of current print editions, including editorial content, graphics and advertising. Most major New Zealand dailies are available, including their special publications. Back issues are available for up to ninety days; stories and pages can be printed, saved or emailled.
- ProQuest Australia & New Zealand NewsStand
- New Zealand and Australian regional and international newspaper articles and newswire stories.
- Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre
- Leading Australian, New Zealand and international periodicals in full text, reference books, biographies and images.
- Historical newspapers — an introduction to our resources
Printing and photocopying newspapers
Single paper copies of newspapers can be photocopied. Bound newspapers cannot be photocopied.
Microprints, which are like photocopies, can be taken from the microfilm on reader-printers.