findNZarticles provides access to New Zealand content, including material by or about New Zealanders, from a range of New Zealand newspapers and journals.
findNZarticles enables users to search a number of New Zealand libraries’ and institutions’ indexes to New Zealand newspapers and journals. Content on findNZarticles is divided into three subject areas:
- Culture: for arts and humanities material;
- Newspapers: for news and current events;
- Science and technology.
Content is taken from a variety of resources including:
- An index of abstracts and descriptions of articles in New Zealand publications, from 1987 to the present in English, and from September 2007 in te reo Māori.
- Papers Index
- Selected articles published in The Press from 2 January 1995 and the Christchurch Star from 14 October 1998.
- Bibliography of Published New Zealand Family Histories
- A listing of separately published histories of families with descendants in New Zealand from the University of Waikato.
- Southern Regional News Index
- Articles from local newspapers and other sources dating back to 1993, with selected information from 1851 onwards. Subjects covered primarily relate to Dunedin, Otago and Southland events and people.
findNZarticles began as a collaboration between Christchurch City Libraries, Dunedin Public Libraries, Landcare Research NZ Ltd and the National Library of New Zealand. Following a successful pilot period, findNZarticles has been extended and participation is now open to any interested institutions.