About OverDrive audiobooks and eBooks
Free eBook and downloadable eAudiobook collection containing thousands of fiction and non-fiction titles for adults, young adults and children.
Borrow with your library card & password / PIN.
OverDrive is a free digital media platform which allows you to download eBooks and eAudiobooks. Titles include fiction and non-fiction items for adults, young adults and children. We regularly add new material.
- Download up to ten fiction and non-fiction titles from home at any time;
- Place a hold on up to ten titles;
- Renew some titles three days before they are due to expire with a renew icon appearing next to the title on your Bookshelf under your library account;
- Transfer eBook titles to your computer or portable devices such eBook readers and smartphones;
- Transfer eAudiobook titles to your computer or portable devices such as an MP3 player or iPod;
- Burn some eAudiobook titles to disc;
- Avoid late fees — the items self expire or you can check in eBooks early if you have finished with them;
- OverDrive eBooks are compatible with most eBook readers and mobile devices except Kindle eReaders. It does work on Kindle Fire tablets.
- OverDrive help
- OverDrive eBook help
- OverDrive eAudiobook help
- Quick guide to OverDrive eBook compatible devices
- Complete list of compatible OverDrive devices
OverDrive also includes a "recommend" feature that is located at the bottom of search results. Our library selectors will look at your recommendations and decide if the title should be added.
If you did not find a title you liked try our other eBook platforms. We currently receive eBooks from Askews which contains more British material, OverDrive which contains more American content, and Wheelers which contains New Zealand content.
Learn more about our eBook collections and selection policy.
Sign up to our All New - Digital email newsletter to find out about new titles and developments at the Source and in our other digital collections.
Computing help at your library
Several of our libraries offer computer drop-in sessions & learning centres have programmes to help you become more comfortable with technology — check the Events Calendar for times and locations.