About OverDrive audiobooks and eBooks
Free eBook and downloadable eAudiobook collection containing thousands of fiction and non-fiction titles for adults, young adults and children.
Use at a library or Chch City residents can enter your library card & password / PIN.
Access available for Christchurch residents only
Non-city members can access all electronic resources except where specifically excluded by the terms of Christchurch City Libraries’ contractual agreements with those suppliers. Our licence agreement only allows for residents of Christchurch City to access this resource. For more information see our Membership policy.
OverDrive is a free digital media platform which allows you to download eBooks and eAudiobooks. Titles include fiction and non-fiction items for adults, young adults and children. We regularly add new material.
- Download up to ten fiction and non-fiction titles from home at any time;
- Place a hold on up to ten titles;
- Transfer eBook titles to your computer or portable devices such eBook readers and smartphones;
- Transfer eAudiobook titles to your computer or portable devices such as an MP3 player or iPod;
- Burn some eAudiobook titles to disc;
- Avoid late fees — the items self expire or you can check in eBooks early if you have finished with them;
- OverDrive eBooks are compatible with most eBook readers and mobile devices except Kindle eReaders. It does work on Kindle Fire tablets.
- OverDrive help
- OverDrive eAudiobooks collection
- OverDrive eBooks collection
- Quick guide to OverDrive eBook compatible devices
- Complete list of compatible OverDrive devices
Sign up to our Digital email newsletter to find out about new OverDrive titles and developments at the Source and in our other digital collections.
If you did not find a title you liked try Wheelers, our other eBook platform.
Computing help at your library
Several of our libraries offer computer drop-in sessions — check the Events Calendar for times and locations.
A range of programmes to help you become more comfortable with technology and to make better use of your own computer tools are also available at our Learning Centres.