Changes and additions to the Source
- Freegal is a service that lets you legally download music MP3s from the Sony Music catalogue. Download up to three songs per week. Service available to Christchurch City Libraries members only.
- Berg Fashion Library discontinued
- Our subscription to the Berg Fashion Library ends March 2013.
- Australian Art Sales Digest
- Access art market information for Australian and New Zealand including past, current and forthcoming auctions, market statistics and news.
- ProQuest Research Library (ARL)
- Has changed its name from Academic Research Library. This is a fantastic source for researchers as it is designed to extensively cover the top 150 core academic subject reference areas with a mix of scholarly journals, conference papers, newspapers, books, reports and important magazines.
- Carter’s Price Guide to Antiques
- Access to prices of antiquities, antiques, collectables, retro, vintage and 20th century design. An Australian product with New Zealand content.
- Access an online collection of e-Books, read-along chapter books, graphic novels, videos, and audio books. Aimed at 12 to 17 year olds. Also helpful for reluctant readers and ESOL students.
- Access colourful, quirky and fun games and activities for 3 to 7 year olds. Designed to entertain and educate!
- National Geographic Virtual Archive
- Access to the digital archive of the world-renowned magazine National Geographic. Coverage is from 1888 onwards up until the most recent issues.
- Intrepica access ends this month/
- This kids’ literacy source is changing to Literacy Planet. Existing users may continue to use Intrepica until the end of November. Unfortunately account details including avatars and points collected cannot be transfered to Literacy Planet.