Changes and additions to the Source
- LexisNexis - New Zealand Law
- Access to information about New Zealand law concerning personal grievances, privacy, resource management, wills and transport and more.
- Gale British Historic Newspapers now goes to 1950.
- Britannica SmartMaths
- An interactive and fun way for those aged 6-14 to improve their math skills with activities, tests and quizzes.
- Askews ebooks
- Access a free eBook service of fiction and non–fiction titles. This collection of eBooks focuses on British titles.
- Overdrive Kids
- Interface to the "kids" titles in Overdrive.
- Overdrive Teens
- Interface to the "teens" titles in Overdrive.
- Popular Music Library
- Access to a wide range of popular streaming music from around the world including alternative, country, Christian, electronic, hip-hop, metal, punk, new age, R&B, rock and soundtracks.
- Gale Artemis: Literary Sources
- Artemis allows you to cross search all of Gale’s literary resources in one search. These resources include LitFinder, Literary Resource Center and Gale Virtual Reference Library.
- Punch Historical Archive 1841-1992
- Access to the digital archive of Punch, the world’s most celebrated magazine of humour and satire.
- MasterFile Complete
- An upgrade to our existing Ebscohost MasterFile Premier: full-text of magazines, journals and general reference publications covering every subject area of interest. Also includes primary source documents and an extensive image collection.
- MAS Ultra
- Access to full-text and indexed journals covering all subject areas.
- Zinio for libraries
- Title list has been expanded to nearly 300 magazine titles including more than 30 New Zealand titles.
- Literary Reference Center
- Access a broad spectrum of information about thousands of authors and their works across literary disciplines and timeframes for all literary research needs.
- History Reference Center
- Access to information on world history for researchers. Includes video, photos, maps and full-text books and magazines.
- Biography Reference Center
- Access biographical reference collections and magazines, a comprehensive collection of full-text biographies, and thousands of unique narrative biographies.
- Poetry & Short Story Reference Centre
- Access this full-text resource for thousands of classic and contemporary poems, as well as short stories, biographies and authoritative essays on such topics as poetic forms, movements and techniques.
- Consumer Health Complete
- Access content on all areas of health and wellness from mainstream medicine to complementary, holistic and integrated medicine.
- Australia / New Zealand Points of View Reference Centre
- Access to a rich resource for perspectives on major contentious social, political, and technological issues that are relevant to New Zealand and Australia.
- World Book Early World of Learning
- Access an interactive learning resource developed by early childhood education experts for preschoolers and children in early primary school.
- World Book Academic
- Academic World Book is a reference tool aimed at under-graduate University level information requirements.
- World Book Discover
- Access to reference resources for reluctant readers, students with learning difficulties, adult literacy students or those who are learning English as a second language.
- Find My Past Au, IE and UK have combined
- Now find family history and genealogy information for the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the United States, Papua New Guinea and the Pacific Islands all in one place.
- World Book Online Craft Corner
- Access to thousands of engaging projects suitable for a broad spectrum of hobbyists — from beginner to expert, for children and adults.
- The Daily Mail
- Access the historical archive of the Daily Mail in a fully searchable and browseable digital format. Contains advertisements, news stories and images that capture 20th century culture and society.
Access to some resources is available for Christchurch residents only
Non-city members can access all electronic resources except where specifically excluded by the terms of Christchurch City Libraries’ contractual agreements with those suppliers. Our licence agreement only allows for residents of Christchurch City to access this resource. For more information see our Membership policy.