Photographs, 20th century
Field Marshal Montgomery's visit to Christchurch, July 1947 : Image 1 of 1
- Title Field Marshal Montgomery's visit to Christchurch, July 1947.
- Creator Albert James North
- Date c.1947
- Image 1 of 1
- Physical Description Black and white photo, 14 x 9 cm
- Notes Title from archive listing.
- Source Christchurch City Libraries Archive collection
- Collection Name Photographs, 20th century, Albert North
- Collection Description The collection consists of 133 photographs, 128 of which are by North, and 5 by an unknown photographer. 79 of these photographs have been digitised. Camera ownership was expensive in the early 20th century, and street photographers such as Albert James North made a living from photographing people at public events. He specialised in taking candid shots at Christmas parades, school fairs, the Agricultural & Pastoral show, and the beach. People would order copies, which he would then develop and print.
- Parent Collection Archives
- Collection Location Archive 978
- File Reference CCL-Arch978-1-040
- View PDF of this image [63 KB]
View catalogue record
Copyright and other restrictions
This material has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. Please contact the Aotearoa New Zealand Centre if you have any questions relating to the use of this material. It is the responsibility of the user to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.