Culture Galore is an outdoor multicultural festival held each March at Ray Blank Park, in Ilam. This page gives a brief history of the event and links to this year’s festival information.
2014 Festival cancelled
Culture Galore was scheduled for 12pm to 4pm, Saturday 8 March at Ray Blank Park. A Community Recreation Advisor reports the park is too sodden to allow vehicle access and vehicles could also cause major damage to the fields which are used for soccer over the winter.
Images of Culture Galore
View images of Culture Galore on the library’s Flickr photostream.
About the festival
Culture Galore celebrates our city’s diversity with food, art, crafts and music and dance performances from more than 50 cultures who call Christchurch home. The event takes place in the lead-up to Race Relations Day on 21 March.
Culture Galore is organised by Christchurch City Council Recreation Unit staff, and is funded by the Fendalton/Waimairi and Riccarton/Wigram Community Boards.
Performances and activities
Cultural performances and demonstrations, ethnic food stalls, arts and crafts for sale and fun activities for the whole family.
- New Settlers page on the library’s website — also available in:
- Chinese simplified
- Chinese traditional
- Ethnic groups in Christchurch from community information directory CINCH
- Profile of Ray Blank from our heritage section
- New Zealand Ethnic Communities and New Migrants websites listed on Internet Gateway
- New to Christchurch? Useful tips for migrants Christchurch City Council