- Shops and Offices Amendment Act ends Saturday shopping, but New Brighton gains an exemption to allow Saturday trading to continue.
- Hagley Park and Botanic Gardens handed over to City Council by act of Parliament. Christchurch Domains Board abolished.
- (no date)
- Fire destroys "Cashmere" mansion. Designed by S. Hurst Seager, it was built in 1905. The huge wooden house took only 45 minutes to burn.
- Information for this resource was based on the second edition of John Densem’s Christchurch chronology: a history of settlement. Environmental Policy and Planning Policy Unit, Christchurch City Council, 1990.
More about the Christchurch Chronology.
- This resource includes links to various other local history resources on our websites and images from our photographs collection - clicking on the image will take you to a larger version of that image.