Heritage

Provincial Hotel, corner of Cashel and Barbadoes Streets, Christchurch

Provincial Hotel, corner of Cashel and Barbadoes Streets, Christchurch

Provincial Hotel, corner of Cashel and Barbadoes Streets, Christchurch
[1902]

The licence for the hotel was granted to Robert Wagner on 1 May 1865. During the earlier years there were two licences, one for the hotel and another - a wine and beer licence - for an eating-house known as the Provincial Larder. The licensee from 1898 was D. Edmonds. This building was condemned by the Licensing Committee in 1902 and rebuilt. See Early Christchurch hotels / compiled by Jim Watson

View catalogue record

File Reference CCL PhotoCD 10, IMG0024

Previous Photo ~ Next Photo