Canterbury Public Library Publications
Canterbury Public Library was the former name for Christchurch City Libraries.
- Rules of the Sydenham Public Library
- Booklet listing duties of Officers; Committee and Librarian duties; and circulation rules. [1907?]
- Special report on the Canterbury Public Library
- A report by City Librarian Ron O’Reilly. Contains a brief history of the library, surveys the position and funding for the city library and the suburban libraries in 1951, and makes recommendations for the development of the city library and the development of suburban library services for Christchurch.
- Canterbury Public Library opening 
- This booklet was published to celebrate the opening of the new library building in 1982.
- Library Treasures
- New Zealand Art Works from the Canterbury Public Library C.S.A. Gallery, 9th February - 5th March 1989.
- The Children’s Library of Upper Riccarton
- The 50 year story of the Sir John McKenzie Memorial Children’s Library, Upper Riccarton, Christchurch.
A collection of material relating to the early years of the Christchurch Mechanics’ Institute. The Institute was the foundation organisation of the Canterbury Public Library, later known as Christchurch City Libraries. These archives include:
- Minute book, 1859-1873
- Nominations book, 1863-1873
- Report of the sub-committee appointed to inquire into a site for the Institute, 10 December 1862
- Laws and bye-laws of the Christchurch Mechanics’ Institute, 28 September 1859
- Laws of the Christchurch Literary Institute, 8 January 1868
- Subscriptions & Accounts, 1862-1870
- Christchurch Literary Institute subscriptions, 187?-1874
- Accessions book, 1861-1871
- Library suggestions, 1860-1873