Name: Tania Kelly Roxborogh
Date of birth: 1 September 1965
Place of birth: Christchurch (Burwood Hospital)
Now living in: We have moved to Dunedin from Auckland’s North Shore
- What is your favourite food?
- Freshly baked bread
- Do you have a nickname and if so what is it?
- T.K. (My friends from Uni days) and Roxy (at school).
- What was your most embarrassing moment?
- Playing Bullrush with my Year 10 class and tripping over - splat! Face plant!
- How do you relax?
- Watch telly; read; drink a glass of wine with friends; listen to all sorts of music.
- Who inspired you when you were little?
- My teachers!
- What were you like at school?
- Chatty; bossy; naughty when in high school.
- What was your favourite/most hated subject at school?
- Favourite: English
Most hated: Maths (because I had awful!!! teachers)
- What was the book you most loved as a child?
- The Silver Brumby series by Elyne Mitchell - my 9 year old loves them too.
- Which person from the past would you most like to meet?
- Helen Keller - I did a project on her when I was nine - just for interest. What an amazing person.
- Who is your favourite author/children’s author?
- John Marsden, David Hill, Lynley Dodd, most NZ children’s writers (like Tessa Duder) hmm - sorry, I could keep going.
- Why did you want to be a writer?
- To tell my stories.
- Do you have a special place where you write your books?
- No - in amongst the hustle and bustle of my family - our computer is in the family room and right in the main traffic flow.
- What’s the best thing and worst thing about being a writer?
- Best: letters from children; watching people laugh when I read funny bits.
Worst: getting a sore wrist; bad reviews.
- If you weren’t a writer, what would you like to be?
- Slim. i.e. have time to exercise.
- What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
- Read and write - often - all the time. Write and read - always.
- Read some books written by Tania Kelly Roxborogh
- More information about Tania Kelly Roxborogh
- Tania’s website