NZ Post Best First Book
Christchurch City Libraries lists literary prize winners and links to catalogue searches, but we may not hold copies of all titles mentioned.
The NZ Post Best First Book Award is one of seven awards sponsored by New Zealand Post. It is organised and administrated by Booksellers New Zealand and supported by Creative New Zealand and Book Tokens (NZ) Ltd. Prior to 1997, the awards were known as the AIM Children’s Book Awards.
- Reach, Hugh Brown
- Super Finn, Leonie Agnew
- Hollie Chips, Anna Gowan
- The bone tiki, David Hair
- Violence 101, Denis Wright
- Out of the egg, Tina Matthews
- The three fishing brothers Gruff, Ben Galbraith
- The unknown zone, Phil Smith. Read our interview with Phil in the Pulse.
- Cross tides, Lorraine Orman
- Thunder Road, Ted Dawe
- Buddy, V. M. Jones
- Brodie (Best First Book Illustrator), Joy Cowley; illustrated by Chris Mousdale
- No award
- 2Much4U, Vince Ford
- Footsteps of the gods, Hana Hiraina Erlbeck; illustrated by Manawa-Ote-Rangi Waipara
- Trapped, Judy Knox
- Reliable friendly girls, Jane Westaway
Prior to 1997 - see Aim First Book