New Titles Non-Fiction February 2016 (arrived in January 2016)
Art & Architecture
- 101 works of art, Ken Hall. 708.993 HAL
- Christchurch Art Gallery showcases 101 treasures from its collection - paintings, drawings, sculpture, film and photographs that stand out in a line-up of New Zealand's most significant collected works.
- Architecture, Andrew H. Dent & Leslie Sherr. 721.04 DEN
- Materials technology is the single most important agent of change in our entire designed landscape, from the buildings in which we live and work to the clothes we wear. This volume on architecture features carefully selected buildings that showcase the innovative use of a particular material.
- Art of Burning Man, NK Guy. 700.973 GUY
- From vast mechanical creatures to mind-blowing pyrotechnics, the Burning Man Festival is the incubator of some of the most remarkable site-specific outdoor art ever made.
- Color lab for mixed-media artists : 52 exercises for exploring color concepts through paint, collage, paper, and more, Deborah Forman. 701.85 FOR
- Colored pencil collage : nature drawing and painting for mixed media, Kelly Hoernig. 702.8 HOE
- Creating cities, Marcus Westbury. 711.4 WES
- In 2008, Marcus Westbury returned to his hometown of Newcastle, Australia, and found more than 150 empty buildings lining
its two main streets. Three years later, the world's largest travel publisher named Newcastle one of the top ten cities in the world to visit.
- Damascus tiles : Mamluk and Ottoman architectural ceramics from Syria, Arthur Millner. 738.6 MIL
- Architectural ceramic decoration is one of the most celebrated manifestations of the arts of Islam.
- Feelings : soft art, Editor, Loren Olson. 700.4 FEE
- This book is an intimate exploration of contemporary art today. Focused on material qualities and the feelings evoked by a work, this thematic approach returns to the basic pleasure of experiencing art.
- Great store design, Natalie Hantze. 725.21 GRE
- How to draw fantasy art and RPG maps : step-by step cartography for gamers and fans, Jared Blando. 743.8 BLA
- Impressionism : reimagining art, Norbert Wolf. 759.05 WOL
- Mysteries of the mall : and other essays, Witold Rybczynski. 720.973 RYB
- A deep exploration of modern life that examines our cities, public places, and homes.
- Open source architecture, Carlo Ratti with Matthew Claudel. 724.7 RAT
- Painting vibrant flowers in watercolor, Soon Y. Warren. 751.422 WAR
- The Munich art hoard : Hitler's dealer and his secret legacy, Catherine Hickley. 943.086 GUR
- The temporary city, Peter Bishop and Lesley Williams. 711.4 BIS
- Most of the professional training, thinking and strategies of architects, urban designers and planners, are strictly three-dimensional. In reality of course the city is four dimensional, and one needs to acknowledge the influence of time in planning and design strategies.
- Universal principles of art : 100 key concepts for understanding, analyzing, and practicing art, John A. Parks. 703 PAR
- Watercolor painting : a contemporary approach to mastering the medium, Tom Hoffmann. 751.422 HOF
- Jaguar cars, James Mann. 629.2222 JAG
- James Bond cars, Frederic Brun. 791.437 BRU
- The ultimate history of Mercedes-Benz, Trevor Legate. 629.2222 MER
- A guest at the shooters' banquet : my grandfather's SS past, my Jewish family, a search for the truth, Rita Gabis. 940.5318 GAB
- Gabis follows the trail of her grandfather's collaboration with the Nazis a trail riddled with secrets, slaughter, mystery, and discovery.
- Alive, alive oh! : and other things that matter, Diana Athill. 828.914 ATH
- Diana Athill charmed readers with her prize-winning memoir Somewhere Towards the End, which transformed her into an unexpected literary star. Now, on the eve of her ninety-eighth birthday, Athill has written a sequel every bit as unsentimental, candid, and beguiling as her most beloved work.
- Amazing fantastic incredible : a marvelous memoir, Stan Lee and Peter David and Colleen Doran. 741.5 LEE
- In this gorgeously illustrated, full-color graphic memoir, Stan Lee comic book legend and cocreator of Spider-Man, the X-Men, the Avengers, the Incredible Hulk, and a legion of other Marvel superheroes shares his iconic legacy and the story of how modern comics came to be.
- Angry optimist : the life and times of Jon Stewart, Lisa Rogak. 792.7 STE
- With his arrival at The Daily Show in 1999, Jon Stewart became one of the major players in comedy as well as one of the most significant liberal voices in the media. Biographer Lisa Rogak charts his unlikely rise to stardom.
- Bloomsbury's outsider : a life of David Garnett, Sarah Knights. 823.912 GAR
- Award-winning novelist and towering figure of the 20th century British literary landscape, David Garnett was a Bloomsbury insider ultimately pushed to the margins.
- Boys in the trees : a memoir, Carly Simon. 781.64 SIM
- Simon's memoir reveals her remarkable life, beginning with her storied childhood as the third daughter of Richard L. Simon, the co-founder of publishing giant Simon & Schuster, her musical debut as half of The Simon Sisters performing folk songs with her sister Lucy in Greenwich Village, to a meteoric solo career.
- Call me Debbie : true confessions of a down-to-earth diva, Deborah Voigt with Natasha Stoynoff. 782.1092 VOI
- An internationally beloved opera star recounts her harrowing and ultimately successful private battles to overcome the addictions and self-destructive tendencies that nearly destroyed her life.
- Catherine de Medici, Leonie Frieda. 944.028 CAT
- The bestselling revisionist biography of one of the great women of the 16th century.
- Charles Williams : the third Inkling, Grevel Lindop. 828.912 WIL
- This book rediscovers the dramatic and contradictory life of a brilliant writer and publisher from a poor London background who became a ground-breaking theologian, fantasy novelist and poet.
- Dark days : a memoir, D. Randall Blythe. 781.66 BLY
- Lamb of God vocalist D. Randall Blythe finally tells the whole incredible story of his arrest, incarceration, trial, and acquittal for manslaughter in the Czech Republic over the tragic and accidental death of a concertgoer in this riveting, gripping, biting, bold, and brave memoir.
- Destiny and power : the American odyssey of George Herbert Walker Bush, Jon Meacham. 973.928 BUS
- Meacham creates an intimate and detailed life story of a man whom many know only through his politics, or from a distance. From interviews and exclusive access to Bush's presidential diaries, Meacham brings Bush and the family he came from, vividly to life.
- Dirty Blvd. : the life and music of Lou Reed, Aidan Levy. 781.66 REE
- Insightful biography of the man who helmed the Velvet Underground and single-handedly created alternative rock
- Don't suck, don't die : giving up Vic Chesnutt, Kristin Hersh. 781.64 CHE
- The author recalls her long friendship with Vic Chesnutt, recounting the moments they shared on tour and his tragic death.
- Easily distracted, Steve Coogan. 791.45028 COO
- The autobiography of one of Britain's favourite actors. Born and raised in Manchester in the sixties, Steve Coogan was the fourth of seven children. It was soon noticed that he had a talent for impersonations.
- Elizabeth II : the steadfast, Douglas Hurd. 941.085 ELI
- In September 2015 Queen Elizabeth II became Britain's longest-reigning monarch. During her long lifetime Britain
and the world have changed beyond recognition, yet throughout she has stood steadfast as a lasting emblem of stability, continuity and public service.
- Emperor Huizong, Patricia Buckley Ebrey. 951.02 SON
- The first comprehensive English-language biography of this important monarch, Emperor Huizong is a nuanced portrait that corrects the prevailing view of Huizong as decadent and negligent.
- Fit not healthy : how one woman's obsession to be the best nearly killed her, Vanessa Alford. 796.425 ALF
- Fit not Healthy is the story of how one woman's determination to
be lean, fit and healthy took her to the brink of infertility and death and how she pulled back just in time to regain her health and perspective and start a family.
- Francis Bacon in your blood : a memoir, Michael Peppiatt. 759.2 BAC
- An intimate, revelatory portrait of the iconic 20th-century artist, written by his long-time friend and curator, shares insights into Bacon's controversial lifestyle, creative process and indelible role in the art cultures of London and Paris.
- Frederick the Great : King of Prussia, Tim Blanning. 943.05 FRE
- Frederick the Great, King of Prussia, dominated the 18th century in the same way that Napoleon dominated the start of the 19th a force of nature, a caustic, ruthless, brilliant military commander, a monarch of exceptional energy and talent.
- How can it be? : a rock & roll diary, Ronnie Wood ; foreword by Charlie Watts. 781.66 WOO
- Before he was a Rolling Stone, a Face, or a member of the Jeff Beck Group, Ronnie Wood flew the nest aged just 17 with his first band, the Birds.
- I'm the man : the story of that guy from Anthrax, Scott Ian with Jon Wiederhorn. 781.66 IAN
- Through various lineup shifts, label snafus, rock 'n' roll mayhem, and unforeseen circumstances galore, Scott Ian, who co-founded Anthrax, has approached life and music with a smile. Ian tells his life story with a clear-eyed honesty that spares no one, least of all himself.
- Invisible ink : my mother's secret love affair with a famous cartoonist : a graphic memoir, Bill Griffith. 741.5 GRI
- Fifteen minutes after Bill Griffith's father died from a bicycle accident in 1972, his mother turned to him and said, "If I don't tell you this now, I'll never be able to tell you. I had a long and happy relationship with a man you knew slightly." Thus began Griffith's journey to reconstruct this hidden relationship between his mother and a deeply cultured jack-of-
all-trades cartoonist and crime novelist.
- Killing Reagan : the violent assault that changed a presidency, Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard. 973.927 REA
- This page-turning epic account of the career of President Ronald Reagan tells the vivid story of his rise to power and the forces of evil that conspired to bring him down.
- Lady Bird and Lyndon : the hidden story of a marriage that made a president, Betty Boyd Caroli. 973.923 JOH
- A biography of a political partnership that helps explain how the wildly talented but deeply flawed Lyndon Baines Johnson ended up making history.
- Made in reality, Stephanie Pratt. 791.450973 PRA
- Stephanie gives an exclusive insight into the trials and tribulations of life on reality TV, taking us behind the scenes of The Hills, Made in Chelsea and even the Big Brother House.
- My name is Mahtob, Mahtob Mahmoody. 920.72 MAH
- Two decades ago, Not Without My Daughter told of the daring escape of an American mother and her six-year-old child from an abusive and fanatical Iranian husband and father. Now the daughter tells the whole story, not only of her imprisonment and escape but of life after fleeing Iran: living in fear of re-abduction, battling recurring nightmares and panic attacks, taking on an assumed name, surviving life-
threatening illness-all under the menacing shadow of her father.
- Nowhere's child : the inspiring story of how one woman survived Hitler's breeding camps and found an Irish home, Kari Roswell with Naomi Linehan. 948.104 ROS
- Up until
the age of 64, much of Kari Rosvall's early life was shrouded in mystery. Then, one day, a letter arrived through the post. In it was a small black-and-white photograph of Kari as a young baby, the first she had ever seen. Kari was to finally discover the dark secret of her conception: She was a Lebensborn child, part of Hitler's 'Spring of Life' programme.
- Over the top and back, Tom Jones. 781.64 JON
- In this, his first ever autobiography, Tom will revisit his past, both personal and professional, exploring the twists of fate that took a boy from a poor Welsh coal-mining family to global celebrity status.
- Percy Bysshe Shelley : poet and revolutionary, Jacqueline Mulhallen. 821.7 SHE
- This biography explores the foundations of Shelley's revolutionary poetics--his anger at a
system in which the rich lived luxuriously at the expense of the poor and oppressed, causing war, colonialism, and suffering.
- Petty : the biography, Warren Zanes. 781.66 PET
- Zanes provides an honest and evocative examination of Petty's music, and the remarkable rock and roll history he and his band helped to write. Petty was a kid without a whole lot of promise; rock and roll made it otherwise. His story has all the drama of a rock and roll epic.
- Princess Margaret : a biography, Theo Aronson. 941.085 MAR
- Part imperious royal figure, part femme du monde, Princess Margaret spent the greater part of her life torn between meeting the exacting standards of the monarchy and flouting its long-established conventions.
- Queen of spies : Daphne Park, Britain's Cold War spy master, Paddy Hayes. 327.12 PAR
- From living in a tin-roofed shack north of Dar-es- Salaam to becoming Baroness Park of Monmouth, Daphne Park led a most unusual life one that consisted of a lifelong love affair with the world of Britain's secret services.
- Queen Victoria's mysterious daughter : a biography of Princess Louise, Lucinda Hawksley. 941.081 LOU
- The sixth child of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert had a difficult childhood and troubled adolescence, a world away from the usual perception of the life of a privileged princess. For such a prominent public figure, much of her life story has been hidden away inside impenetrable walls.
- Sam Phillips : the man who invented rock 'n' roll, Peter Guralnick. 781.64 PHI
- The author of Last Train to Memphis brings us the life of Sam Phillips, the visionary genius who singlehandedly steered the revolutionary path of Sun Records.
- Shakespeare, Bill Bryson. 822.33 BRY
- This exquisitely illustrated and updated edition of Bill Bryson's best-selling biography of William Shakespeare takes the reader on an enthralling journey through Elizabethan England and the eccentricities of Shakespearean scholarship.
- Six days in Leningrad, Paullina Simons. 947.45 SIM
- Paullina Simons travelled to Leningrad (now St Petersburg) with her beloved Papa. At times poignant, at times inspiring and funny, this is both a fascinating glimpse into the inspiration behind the epic saga, and a touching story of a family's history, a father and a daughter, and the fate of a nation.
- Spectacles, Sue Perkins. 791.450941 PER
- Spectacles is the hilarious, creative and incredibly moving memoir from much loved comedian, writer and presenter Sue
- Stalin : new biography of a dictator, Oleg V. Khlevniuk ; translated by Nora Seligman Favorov. 947.0842 STA
- Still with the music : my autobiography, Karl Jenkins with Sam Jackson. 780.92 JEN
- Sir Karl Jenkins is that rare thing: a contemporary classical composer with enormous popular appeal, and one of Britain's national treasures.
- Tennyson : to strive, to seek, to find, John Batchelor. 821.8 TEN
- A new study of the Victorian era poet, who was Queen Victoria's favorite, reveals a man who skillfully crafted his own career and his relationships with his audience while discussing his complexities and contradictions.
- The anatomy of a calling : a doctor's journey from the head to the heart and a prescription for finding your life's purpose, Lissa Rankin. 610.92 RAN
- The astronomer & the witch : Johannes Kepler's fight for his mother, Ulinka Rublack. 520.92 KEP
- Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) was one of the most admired astronomers who ever lived and a key figure in the scientific revolution. Perhaps less well known is that in 1615, when Kepler was at the height of his career, his widowed mother Katharina was accused of witchcraft.
- The emperor of sound : a memoir, Timbaland with Veronica Chambers. 781.66 TIM
- Timbaland offers fans an unprecedented look into his life and work. He reveals the magic behind the music, sharing the various creative impulses that arise while he's producing, and the layering of sounds that have created dozens of number one hits.
- The Knox brothers, Penelope Fitzgerald. 929.2 KNO
- Penelope Fitzgerald turned her novelist's gaze on the quite extraordinary lives of her father and his three brothers. A homage to a long-forgotten world and a fascinating account of the generation straddling the divide between late Victorian and Edwardian.
- The temptation of Elizabeth Tudor, Elizabeth Norton. 942.055 ELI
- Theodora : actress, empress, saint, David Potter. 949.501 THE
- This fascinating portrait will intrigue all readers with an interest in ancient and women's history.
- Under the wire, William Ash and Brendan Foley. 940.5472 ASH
- The bestselling WWII memoir of an American Spitfire pilot and legendary Prisoner of War escape
- Van Halen rising : how a Southern California backyard party band saved heavy metal, Greg Renoff. 781.66 VAN
- Vanessa Bell : portrait of a Bloomsbury artist, Frances Spalding. 759.2 BEL
- Vanessa Bell is central to the history of the Bloomsbury Group, yet until this authorised biography was written, she largely remained a silent and inscrutable figure. Tantalising glimpses of her life appeared mainly in her sister, Virginia Woolf's, letters, diaries and biography.
- Zeal and honour : the life and times of Bernard Freyberg, A.W. Beasley. 993.03 FRE
- Lord Freyberg (1889-1963) is New Zealand's most distinguished soilder: he won a Victoria Cross in the First World War, commanded the 2nd New Zealand Division throughout the Second, from the ill-fated campaigns in Greece and Crete to the triumphs in North Africa and Italy, and thereafter became Governor-General of New Zealand 1946-52.
Business & Management
- QuickBooks 2016 : the missing manual, Bonnie Biafore. 657.0285 BIA
- Tableau for dummies, Molly Monsey and Paul Sochan. 658.4038 MON
- Tableau For Dummies brings order to the chaotic world of data. Understanding your data and organizing it into formats and visualizations that make sense to you are crucial to making a real impact on your business with the information that's already at your fingertips.
- The authentic sale : a goddess's guide to business, Rena Cohen-First. 658.85 COH
- The fast forward MBA in project management, Eric Verzuh. 658.404 VER
- The humane workplace : people, community, technology, Amanda Sterling. 658.314 STE
- The introvert entrepreneur : amplify your strengths and create success on your own terms in ten steps, Beth L. Buelow. 658.11 BUE
- The power of business process improvement : 10 simple steps to increase effectiveness, efficiency, and adaptability, Susan Page. 658 PAG
- The shopkeepers : storefront businesses and the future of retail, Sofia Borges and Noelia Hobeika. 725.21 SHO
- Why should anyone be led by you? : what it takes to be an authentic leader, Rob Goffee and Gareth Jones. 658.409 GOF
- Why should anyone work here? : what it takes to create an authentic organization, Rob Goffee, Gareth Jones. 658.3 GOF
- Basic cartooning, Maury Aaseng. 741.5 AAS
- TTIP : the truth about the transatlantic trade and investment partnership, Ferdi De Ville and Gabriel Siles-Brugge. 382.9 VIL
- In this analysis, the authors scrutinize the claims made by TTIP's cheerleaders and scaremongers to reveal a far more nuanced picture behind the headlines. TTIP will not provide an economic 'cure-all', nor will it destroy the European welfare state in one fell swoop. Thanks to unprecedented levels of protest and debate around TTIP, however,
neoliberal trade negotiations are well and truly back in the spotlight.
- Computer basics : absolute beginner's guide, Michael Miller. 005.446 MIC
- Creating a website, Matthew MacDonald. 004.67 MCD
- How software works : the magic behind encryption, CGI, search engines, and other everyday technologies, V. Anton Spraul. 005.3 SPR
- Lua game development cookbook : over 70 recipes that will help you master the elements and best practices required to build a modern game engine using Lua, Mario Kasuba. 005.133 LUA
- Nerd know-how : the best 27+ apps for work & how to use 'em!, Beth Ziesenis, your nerdy best friend. 004.019 ZIE
- Text processing with Ruby : extract value from the data that surrounds you, Rob Miller. 005.133 RUB
- The photographer's iPad, Frank Gallaugher. 004.165 IPA
- Word 2016, Elaine Marmel. 005.52 MAR
Crafts & Hobbies
- All about strips : colourful quilts from strips of many sizes, Susan Guzman. 746.46 GUZ
- Bead & wire fashion jewelry : a collection of stunning statement pieces to make, Jessica Rose. 745.58 ROS
- Big needle knits : 35 projects to knit using super-size needles, Melanie Porter. 746.432 POR
- Carving deer : patterns and reference for realistic woodcarving, Desiree Hajny. 736.4 HAJ
- Christmas joys : decorating, crafts & recipes., . 745.594 CHR
- Classic wooden toys : step-by-step instructions for 20 built-to-last projects, Jim Harrold. 745.592 CLA
- DIY t-shirt crafts : from braided bracelets to floor pillows, 50 unexpected ways to recycle your old t-shirts, Adrianne Surian. 746 SUR
- Dressed in knits : 19 designs for creating a custom knitwear collection, Alex Capshaw-Taylor. 746.432 CAP
- Half yard gifts : easy sewing projects using left-over pieces of fabric, Debbie Shore. 646.2 SHO
- Handmade heirlooms : crafting with intention, making things that matter, and connecting to family & tradition, Jennifer Casa. 745.5 CAS
- Handmade lampshades : beautiful designs to illuminate your home, Natalia Price-Cabrera. 745.593 PRI
- Home & away : knits for everyday adventures, Hannah Fettig ; photographs by Daniel Hudson. 746.432 FET
- Japanese fabric flowers : 65 decorative kanzashi flowers to make, Sylvie Blondeau. 745.594 BLO
- My felt doll : easy sewing patterns for wonderfully whimsical dolls, Shelley Down. 745.5922 DOW
- Paper pom-poms and other party decorations : 35 step-by-step projects to make with tissue, paper, and card, Juliet Carr. 745.54 CAR
- Sewing for Christmas, Rebecca McCallion. 745.5941 MCC
- Sweet tweets : simple stitches, whimsical birds, Erin Cox. 746.46 COX
- The art of papercutting, Jessica Palmer. 736.98 PAL
- The half-square triangle, Jeni Baker. 746.46 BAK
- Windy city bags : 12 handbags and totes sewn with structure and style, Sara Lawson. 646.48 LAW
- All fall down, Matthew Condon. 364.132 CON
- In 1983, the soon-to-be-knighted Police Commissioner Terry Lewis continues to turn a blind eye to the operation of The Joke, a highly organised system of graft payments from illegal gambling, prostitution and illicit drugs.
- Coming clean : the true story of a cocaine drug lord and his unexpected encounter, Jorge L. Valdes with Ken Abraham. 364.177 VAL
- Offers an insider's view of the drug industry and the greed that drives it.
- Great is the truth : secrecy, scandal, and the quest for justice at the Horace Mann School, Amos Kamil with Sean Elder. 364.153 KAM
- A shocking expose of sexual abuse and the struggle for justice at one of America's most prestigious schools The Horace Mann School, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, represents the pinnacle of private education.
- Where the bodies were buried : Whitey Bulger and the world that made him, T. J. English. 364.1 BUL
- The New York Times bestselling author of The Westies and Paddy Whacked offers a front-row seat at the trial of Whitey Bulger, and an intimate view of the world of organized crime and law enforcement that made him the defining Irish American gangster.
- Behind the green mask : U.N. agenda 21, Rosa Koire. 338.92 KOI
- Big bang disruption : business survival in the age of constant innovation, Larry Downes and Paul Nunes. 338.06 DOW
- How to thrive in the next economy : designing tomorrow's world today, John Thackara. 338.92 THA
- Other people's money : masters of the universe or servants of the people?, John Kay. 332 KAY
- Saving capitalism : for the many, not the few, Robert B. Reich. 330.12 REI
- The grip of death : a study of modern money, debt slavery, and destructive economics, Michael Rowbotham. 332 ROW
- The seven secrets of Germany : economic resilience in an era of global turbulence, David B. Audretsch and Erik E. Lehmann. 330.943 AUD
- Trump : the art of the deal, Donald J. Trump with Tony Schwartz. 338.04 TRU
- Unfinished business, Anne-Marie Slaughter. 331.4 SLA
- Slaughter bursts the bubble on all the "half-truths" we tell young women about "having it all", and explains what is really necessary to get true gender equality, both in the workplace and at home. Anne-Marie Slaughter's book is sure to change minds, ignite debate and be the topic of conversation.
- Wall Street potholes : insights from top money managers on avoiding dangerous products, Simon Lack. 332.6 LAC
- What every real estate investor needs to know about cash flow : and 36 other key financial measures, Frank Gallinelli. 332.6324 GAL
- Beyond measure : rescuing an overscheduled, overtested, underestimated generation, Vicki Abeles with Grace Rubenstein. 370.973 ABE
- Choosing hope : moving forward from life's darkest hours, Kaitlin Roig-DeBellis with Robin Gaby Fisher. 371.78 ROI
- A teacher who saved the lives of fifteen elementary school students during the Sandy Hook shooting shares her experience with others in the hopes that they too can overcome their own personal tragedies, regardless of their magnitude.
- Inclusive education for exceptional individuals : a Pacific perspective, John Longo Rombo & Govinda Ishwar Lingam. 371.904 INC
- Passing exams for dummies, Patrick Sherratt. 371.3028 SHE
- Sociocultural realities : exploring new horizons, Angus Macfarlane, Sonja Macfarlane, Melinda Webber. 370.1 SOC
- Tap, click, read : growing readers in a world of screens, Lisa Guernsey and Michael H. Levine. 372.6 GUE
- The Styx Mill : myths and mysteries, Dennis Hills. 664.7 HIL
- A million wild acres : 200 years of man and an Australian forest, Eric Rolls. 634.9 ROL
- Reprinted in a commemorative 30th Anniversary Edition for a new generation of readers against the backdrop of renewed and urgent concern about climate change.
- Killing the koala and poisoning the prairie : Australia, America, and the environment, Corey J.A. Bradshaw and Paul R. Ehrlich. 304.28 BRA
- The handbook : surviving and living with climate change, Jane Rawson & James Whitmore ; foreword by Clive Hamilton. 363.7387 RAW
- The shearers : the story of Australia, told from the woolsheds, Evan McHugh. 636.3 MCH
- The sustainability secret : rethinking our diet to transform the world, Kip Andersen and Keegan Kuhn ; introduction by Chris Hedges. 363.7 AND
- Reveals the absolutely devastating environmental impact large-scale factory farming has on our planet and offers a path to global sustainability for a growing population.
- Badgley Mischka : American Glamour, Foreword by Andre Leon Talley. 746.92 BAD
- This lavish volume is the first to celebrate the designs of duo Mark Badgley and James Mischka, the authorities on the evening dress.
- Love style life, Garance Dore. 746.92 DOR
- Garance Dore is an ambassador of French taste and fashion who has captivated readers with her blog since 2006. Her knack for making fashion accessible and fun has endeared her to millions of fans worldwide, and she is beloved by top fashion editors and aspiring fashionistas alike.
- Refinery29 : style stalking, Christene Barberich + Piera Gelardi. 746.92 BAR
- With brand-new photography and archival favorites, Refinery29 editor in chief Christene Barberich and creative director Piera Gelardi annotate over 180 real looks captured in major cities across the country.
- The making of a milliner : hat-making projects, Jenny Pfanenstiel. 646.5 PFA
- The tattoorialist : tattoo street style, Nicolas Brulez. 391.65 BRU
- Timeless beauty : over 100 tips, secrets, and shortcuts to looking great, Christie Brinkley with Sally Wadyka. 646.7 BRI
- Supermodel Christie Brinkley shares the secrets she's learned on what to eat, how to apply makeup like a pro, and what to wear to look like a knock out. She has the face and body of a 30-year-old and she just turned 60!
- Upcycle your wardrobe : 21 sewing projects for unique, new fashions, Mia Fuhrer. 646.404 FUH
Film, Television & Theatre
- Amish confidential, "Lebanon" Levi Stoltzfus and Ellis Henican. 791.450973 STO
- "Lebanon" Levi Stoltzfus, star of the #1 top-rated Discovery Channel reality show Amish Mafia, delivers a sizzling tell-all about Amish life today.
- And on that bombshell, Richard Porter. 791.457 POR
- I was Top Gear's script editor for 13 years and all 22 series. I basically used to check spelling and think of stupid gags
about The Stig. I also got to hang around with Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May.
- Mad men unzipped : fans on sex, love, and the sixties on TV, Karen E. Dill-Shackleford. 791.457 DIL
- The autobiography of James T. Kirk : the story of Starfleet's greatest captain, James T. Kirk ; edited by David A. Goodman. 791.457 GOO
Food & Wine
- Awesome cakes for kids : over 140 cakes., . 641.8653 AWE
- Blood sugar : healthy meals, Michael Moore. 641.5631 MOO
- Carbs by numbers : low carb recipe options : Christmas, Sandra Dunbar & Meg Pell. 641.5638 DUN
- Cook, nourish, glow, Amelia Freer ; photography by Susan Bell. 641.563 FRE
- Crust : from sourdough, spelt and rye bread to ciabatta, bagels and brioche, Richard Bertinet with photography by Jean Cazals. 641.631 BER
- Culinaria Germany : a celebration of food and tradition, Christine Metzger, editor ; Ruprecht Stempell, Christoph Buschel, Sasa Fuis, photography. 641.5943
- Food and cooking of South Africa, Fergal Connolly ; photography by Nicki Dowey. 641.5968 CON
- Gluten is my bitch : rants, recipes, and ridiculousness for the gluten-free, April Peveteaux. 641.563 PEV
- Goodbye gluten, Sally Holland ; photography by Tracy Stamatakos. 641.563 HOL
- Lorraine Pascale's fast, fresh, and easy food : 100 fabulous easy to make recipes, Photographs by Myles New. 641.555 PAS
- Love, Aimee x : 50 beautiful sweet gifts for friends and family, Aimee Twigger. 641.865 TWI
- Mexico from the inside out, Enrique Olvera ; photographs by Araceli Paz. 641.5972 OLV
- Pret-a-party, Lela Rose ; text by Caitlin Leffel. 642.4 ROS
- Fashion designer Lela Rose presents an inspiring manifesto for creative and stylish twenty-first-century entertaining. Known for her whimsical fashions, Lela Rose is also a popular and passionate hostess.
- The best of Alison Holst : over 1000 of her favourite recipes and tips., . 641.5 HOL
- The reboot with Joe juice diet recipe book, Joe Cross. 641.875 CRO
- The science of good cooking : master 50 simple concepts to enjoy a lifetime of success in the kitchen, The editors at America's Test Kitchen and Guy Crosby. 641.5
- The Tudor kitchen : what the tudors ate & drank, Terry Breverton. 641.3 BRE
- The Violet bakery cookbook, Claire Ptak ; photography, Kristin Perers. 641.815 PTA
- The year of cozy : 125 recipes, crafts, and other homemade adventures, Adrianna Adarme. 641.5 ADA
Gardens and Gardening
- Another green world : Linn Botanic Gardens : encounters with a Scottish arcadia, Alison Turnbull with Philip Hoare. 712.509411 TUR
- Create your own bonsai : 50 step-by-step projects shown in over 400 photographs, Ken Norman ; photographs by John Freeman. 635.9772 NOR
- Growing greens : a directory of varieties and how to cultivate them successfully, Richard Bird. 635.4 BIR
- Japanese-style gardens, Brian Funk and Sarah Schmidt, editors. 712.0952 JAP
- Paradise and plenty : a Rothschild family garden, Mary Keen ; photography by Tom Hatton. 712.60942 KEE
- The art of gardening : design inspiration and innovative planting techniques from Chanticleer, R. William Thomas with Eric Hsu. 635 THO
- The authentic garden : naturalistic and contemporary landscape design, Richard Hartlage and Sandy Fischer. 712.6 HAR
- Wendy Whiteley and the secret garden, Janet Hawley ; photography by Jason Busch. 712.50994 HAW
- Logo design, Ed. Julius Wiedemann. 741.6 LOG
- Nice to meet you again : visual greetings on business cards, greeting cards and invitations., . 741.68 NIC
Health & Medicine
- 50 more ways to soothe yourself without food, Susan Albers, PsyD. 616.8526 ALB
- All the things we never knew, Sheila Hamilton. 616.895 HAM
- Autism and the stress effect : a 4-step lifestyle approach to transform your child's health, happiness and vitality, Theresa Hamlin. 616.8588 HAM
- Bald is better with earrings : a survivor's guide to getting through breast cancer, Andrea Hutton. 362.196994 HUT
- Bhakti flow yoga : a training guide for practice and life, Rusty Wells. 613.7046 WEL
- Chi kung for prostate health and sexual vigor : a handbook of simple exercises and techniques, Mantak Chia and William U. Wei. 613.7148 CHI
- Coping with BPD : DBT and CBT skills to soothe the symptoms of borderline personality disorder, Blaise Aguirre, Gillian Galen. 616.8585 AGU
- Eat clean, live lean : Art Green's healthy action plan : with 35 delicious, simple paleo recipes and 30 illustrated exercises, with Sarah Ell. 613.7 GRE
- Eat to cheat ageing : what you eat helps you make 60 'the new 50' and 80 'the new 70', Ngaire Hobbins. 613.2 HOB
- Fruit belly, Romy Dolle. 615.854 DOL
- A four-day step-by-step plan to eliminate the digestive distress and health problems resulting from weight loss diets featuring large amounts of fruit, salad, and low fat dairy products.
- Heal : the vital role of dogs in the search for cancer cures, Arlene Weintraub. 616.994 WEI
- How not to die : discover the foods scientifically proven to prevent and reverse disease, Michael Greger with Gene Stone. 613.2 GRE
- In a different key : the story of autism, John Donvan and Caren Zucker. 616.8588 DON
- Living with metabolic syndrome, Naheed Ali. 616.399 ALI
- Myositis and you : a guide to juvenile dermatomyositis for patients, families, and healthcare providers, Lisa G. Rider. 616.74 MYO
- Optimal health with Parkinson's disease : a guide to integrating lifestyle, alternative, and conventional medicine, Monique L. Giroux. 362.196833 GIR
- Overcoming hoarding : a self-help guide using cognitive behavioural techniques, Satwant Singh, Margaret Hooper and Colin Jones. 616.8584 SIN
- Secrets of the world's healthiest children, Naomi Moriyama and William Doyle. 618.92 MOR
- Solar body : the secret to natural healing, Ilchi Lee. 615.535 LEE
- Stretching with ease : an illustrated guide to your fit and flexible body, Linda Minarik. 613.71 MIN
- The ADHD effect on marriage : understand and rebuild your relationship in six steps, Melissa Orlov. 616.8589 ORL
- The art of balanced living : the right diet and lifestyle for your body type, Shaun Matthews. 615.53 MAT
- The brain electric : the dramatic high-tech race to merge minds and machines, Malcolm Gay. 610.28 GAY
- The digital doctor : hope, hype, and harm at the dawn of medicine's computer age, Robert Wachter. 610.28 WAC
- The end of memory : a natural history of aging and Alzheimer's, Jay Ingram. 616.831 ING
- The good living guide to medicinal tea : 50 ways to brew the cure for what ails you, Jennifer Browne. 615.321 BRO
- The master and his emissary : the divided brain and the making of the Western world, Iain McGilchrist. 612.825 MCG
- A fascinating exploration of the differences between the brain's right and left hemispheres and their effects on society, history, and culture.
- The microbiome diet : the scientifically proven way to restore your gut health and achieve permanent weight loss, Raphael Kellman. 613.25 KEL
- The patient's playbook : how to save your life and the lives of those you love, Leslie D. Michelson. 610.696 MIC
- The raw food nutrition handbook : an essential guide to understanding raw food diets, Karin Dina, with Rick Dina,. 613.26 DIN
- The telomerase revolution : the enzyme that holds the key to human aging and will soon lead to longer, healthier lives, Michael Fossel, MD, PhD. 612.67 FOS
- Transdermal magnesium therapy : a new modality for the maintenance of health, Mark Sircus. 615.2 SIR
- Your ocular prosthetic, Justin Oldham ; edited by Greg T. Sankey. 617.7 OLD
History, Geography & Travel
- 100 weeks of Scotland : a portrait of a Nation on the verge, Alan McCredie. 941.1 MCC
- A beginner's guide to Paradise : 9 steps to giving up everything so you too can move to a South Pacific island, wear a loincloth, read a hundred books, build a bungalow, diaper a baby monkey, and maybe, just maybe, fall in love!, Alex Sheshunoff. 996.6 SHE
- A brief history of Indonesia : sultans, spices, and tsunamis : the incredible story of Southeast Asia's largest nation, Tim Hannigan. 959.8 HAN
- A passion for Paris : romanticism and romance in the City of Light, David Downie. 944.36 DOW
- Bali & Lombok., . 959.86 BAL
- The DK Eyewitness Travel Guide.
- Black dragon river : a journey down the Amur River at the borderlands of empires, Dominic Ziegler. 957.7 ZIE
- Both sides of the river : more stories from the Hokianga, Compiled by Olive Harris ; and edited by Chris Lancaster. 993.13 BOT
- Charles I and the people of England, David Cressy. 941.06 CHA
- Crossing the plains with Bruno, Annick Smith. 978 SMI
- Smith brings together a mix of travel and relationship, western history and family history, human love and animal love centering one the two-week journey she and her dog Bruno took in her car to visit her mother.
- Empire's crossroads : a history of the Caribbean from Columbus to the present day, Carrie Gibson. 972.9 GIB
- Four seasons in Rome : on twins, insomnia and the biggest funeral in the history of the world, Anthony Doerr. 813.6 DOE
- From Burma to Myanmar : on the road to Mandalay, Lydia Laube. 959.1 LAU
- India : a celebration of life, Manuel Rivera-Ortiz. 954 RIV
- Joyriding in Riyadh : oil, urbanism, and road revolt, Pascal Menoret. 953.8 MEN
- Life in a medieval castle, Joseph and Frances Gies. 942.03 GIE
- No baggage : a tale of love & wandering, Clara Bensen. 910.41 BEN
- When Clara Bensen arranged to meet Jeff Wilson on the steps of the Texas State Capitol, after just a
few email exchanges on OK Cupid, it felt like something big was going to happen. Jeff is a wildly energetic university professor with a freewheeling spirit. Clara is a sensitive, reclusive writer recovering from a quarter-life existential breakdown. Within a few days of knowing one another, they decide to embark on a crazy experiment: a 21-day minimalist travel adventure, from Istanbul to London, with zero luggage, zero reservations, and zero plans.
- Northmen : the Viking saga, 793-1241 AD, John Haywood. 948.02 HAY
- Old men can't wait : a septuagenarian odyssey through the Americas, Simon Gandolfi. 980 GAN
- Oman and the UAE, Katarzyna Marcinkowska, Gavin Thomas. 953.5 MAR
- Insight Guides.
- Operation Thunderbolt : Flight 139 and the raid on Entebbe Airport, the most audacious hostage rescue mission in history, Saul David. 967.61 DAV
- Pocket Milan & the lakes : top sites, local life, made easy, Paula Hardy. 945.21 HAR
- Lonely Planet Pocket.
- Rome, Abigail Blasi, Duncan Garwood. 945.632 BLA
- Describes points of interest in Rome, recommends restaurants and hotels, and includes advice on shopping and public transportation.
- Saudi Arabia : a kingdom in peril, Paul Aarts, Carolien Roelants. 953.8 AAR
- Sea room : an island life in the Hebrides, Adam Nicolson. 941.14 NIC
- Seville & Andalucia., . 946.8 SEV
- The DK Eyewitness Travel Guide.
- Shell-shocked : on the ground under Israel's Gaza assault, Mohammed Omer. 956.94054 OME
- The English and their history, Robert Tombs. 942 TOM
- The Great Inka Road : engineering an empire, Ramiro Matos Mendieta & Jose Barreiro, editors. 985.01 GRE
- The Irish Paradox : how and why we are such a contradictory people, Sean Moncrieff. 941.5 MON
- The other Paris, Luc Sante. 944.36 SAN
- Sante takes the reader on a vivid journey through the seamy underside of Paris: the improvised accommodations of the original bohemians; the flea markets, the rubbish tips, and the hovels.
- The Ottoman endgame : war, revolution and the making of the modern Middle East, 1908-1923, Sean McMeekin. 956.102 MCM
- The seasons of trouble : life amid the ruins of Sri Lanka's civil war, Rohini Mohan. 954.93 MOH
- The Wars of the Roses, John Ashdown-Hill. 942.04 ASH
- The Wars of the Roses call to mind bloody battles, treachery and deceit, and a cast of characters known to us through fact and fiction: Edward IV, Elizabeth Woodville, Richard III, Warwick the Kingmaker, the Princes in the Tower, Henry Tudor.
- This gulf of fire : the destruction of Lisbon, or apocalypse in the age of science and reason, Mark Molesky. 946.942 MOL
- On All Saints Day of 1755, the tremors from a magnitude 8.5 earthquake swept furiously from its epicenter in the Atlantic Ocean toward the Iberian Peninsula. Nowhere was it felt more than in Lisbon, then the thriving capital of a great global empire.
- To oldly go : tales of intrepid travel by the over-60s, Edited by Jennifer Barclay, Hilary Bradt and Adrian Phillips. 910.4 TO
House & Garden
- A house in a week : prefab houses, Francesc Zamora Mola. 728.1 ZAM
- Beautiful Australian homes., . 747 BEA
- Eclectic country, Mary Emmerling ; photographs by Reed Davis. 747 EMM
- In this memoir/design book, Emmerling takes her readers sleuthing and partying at Round Top antiques fair; reminisces on her days at Mademoiselle, House Beautiful and other top magazines.
- Essential oils for a clean and healthy home, Kasey Schwartz. 648.5 SCH
- French chic living : simple ways to make your home beautiful, Florence de Dampierre ; photography by Tim Street-Porter. 747 DAM
- Mrs. Howard room by room : the essentials of decorating with Southern style, Phoebe Howard ; written with Marc Kristal. 747 HOW
- New eco homes, Manel Gutierrez. 720.47 GUT
- Retreat : the modern house in nature, Ron Broadhurst. 728.37 BRO
- Spark joy : an illustrated guide to the Japanese art of tidying, Marie Kondo. 648 KON
- Styled : secrets for arranging rooms, from tabletops to bookshelves, Emily Henderson with Angelin Borsics ; photographs by David Tsay. 747 HEN
- Thrown under the omnibus : a reader, P. J. O'Rourke.817.54 ORO
- Ranging over five decades, Thrown Under the Omnibus is the definitive anthology of the journalist the Wall Street Journal has called 'the funniest writer in America'.
- Product design, Andrew H. Dent & Leslie Sherr. 745.2 DEN
- Identifies and examines the innovative materials that are transforming art, design, and technology
- The watchdog that didn't bark : the financial crisis and the disappearance of investigative reporting, Dean Starkman. 070.449 STA
- Looks at the reasons why the mainstream media didn't foresee the eventual 2008 financial crisis.
- Fluent forever : how to learn any language fast and never forget it, Gabriel Wyner. 418 WYN
- Japanese tutor : grammar and vocabulary workbook, Shin-Ichiro Okajima. 495.682 OKA
- Spanish tutor : grammar and vocabulary workbook, Juan Kattan-Ibarra and Angela Howkins. 468.2 KAT
- Law of contract in New Zealand, John Burrows, Jeremy Finn, Stephen Todd. 346.02 BUR
- The trustee's handbook : checklists and precedents for trustees, Vicki Ammundsen. 346.059 AMM
- The deepening stream : a history of the New Zealand Literary Fund, Elizabeth Caffin & Andrew Mason. 820.9 CAF
- Weatherland : writers & artists under English skies, Alexandra Harris. 820.9 HAR
- Small arms visual encyclopedia, Martin J. Dougherty. 683.4 DOU
- 10 greatest ships of the Royal Navy, John Ballard. 359.00941 BAL
- 101 great bombers : legendary fighting aircraft from WWI to the present, Robert Jackson. 623.7463 JAC
- Area 51 black jets, Bill Yenne. 358.417 YEN
- Classic fighters : the inside story, Ray Bonds. 358.43 BON
- Fighting ships, 1850-1950, Sam Willis ; foreword by N.A.M. Rodger. 359.32 WIL
- Jet fighters : inside out, Jim Winchester. 623.7464 WIN
- A comprehensive study of key air superiority and ground attack aircraft developed since World War II.
- Modern fighter aircraft : 1945-present., . 623.7464 MOD
- Tanks : inside out, Michael E. Haskew. 623.7475 HAS
- The battlecruiser Hood, John Roberts. 623.8253 ROB
- Not a narrative of the Hoods experiences, other than a brief description of her tragic end, but a complete technical description of the entire ship from stem to stern, keel to topmast, with exhaustive detailed drawings taken from her plans. It also lays out her complete mechanical history.
- The battleship Dreadnought, John Roberts. 623.8252 ROB
- Launched in 1906, HMS Dreadnought was the first 'all-big-gun battleship and as such revolutionised battleship design for more than a generation.
- The encyclopedia of military jets, General editor, Thomas Newdick. 358.4183 ENC
- A comprehensive guide to over 100 major military jets from around the world since
- The silent deep : the Royal Navy Submarine Service since 1945, Peter Hennessy and James Jinks. 359.93 HEN
- The supercarriers : the Forrestal and Kitty Hawk classes, Andrew Faltum. 359.94 FAL
- Warships of the world, Christopher Chant. 623.822 CHA
- An illustrated guide for the most powerful military seafaring vessels, with over 500 stunning illustrations.
Music & Musicians
- Peter Godfrey : father of New Zealand choral music : an oral history, Elizabeth Salmon. 782.5 GOD
- Photograph, Ringo. 781.66 STA
- Former Beatles drummer Ringo Starr takes a photographic tour through his life.
- The song machine : inside the hit factory, John Seabrook. 781.64 SEA
- There's a reason hit songs offer such guilty pleasure they're designed that way. Over the last two decades a new type of hit song has emerged, one that is almost inescapably catchy.
- Butterflies, Text by Ronald Orenstein ; photography by Thomas Marent. 595.789 MAR
- The book of leaves : a leaf-by-leaf guide to six hundred of the world's great trees, Allen J. Coombes ; editor, Zsolt Debreczy. 581.4 COO
- The complete guide to finding the mammals of Australia, David Andrew. 599 AND
- Sleep and your child's temperament : working with your child's personality to achieve blissful sleep, Rebecca Michi. 649.122 MIC
Pets & Animals
- On cats, Charles Bukowski ; edited by Abel Debritto. 636.8 BUK
- Please don't bite the baby (and please don't chase the dogs) : keeping our kids and our dogs safe and happy together, Lisa J. Edwards. 636.70887 EDW
- Save the bees with natural backyard hives : the easy and treatment-free way to attract and keep healthy bees, Rob and Chelsea McFarland. 638.1 MCF
- Saving Simon : how a rescue donkey taught me the meaning of compassion, Jon Katz. 636.18 KAT
- The lost Christmas puppy, Linda Steliou with Punteha van Terherden. 636.7 STE
- Little Linda was three years old when she told Father Christmas a secret. 'What I want more than anything is to have a puppy of my own to love'. But with every Christmas that went by, no puppy appeared.
Philosophy & Psychology
- A theory of the drone, Gregoire Chamayou ; translated by Janet Lloyd. 172.42 CHA
- In a unique take on a subject that has grabbed headlines and is consuming billions of taxpayer dollars each year, philosopher Gregoire Chamayou applies the lens of philosophy to our understanding of how drones are changing our world.
- The John Michell reader : writings and rants of a radical traditionalist, John Michell. 082 MIC
- Deepest thoughts and musings of a 1960s countercultural icon.
Philosophy and psychology
- Chance : the science and secrets of luck, randomness and probability, Michael Brooks. 123.3 CHA
- Andy Warhol : polaroids 1958-1987, editor, Reuel Golden. 709.73 WAR
- Hyper nature, Philippe Martin. 778.93 MAR
- Hyper Nature is a portfolio of Martin's stunning photographs of snails, orchids, dragonflies, snakes, frogs and many other creatures. The hyperrealism and large images bring the viewer into the heart of the scene, face to face with the subject, where he can discover the smallest detail.
- Lives of the great photographers, Juliet Hacking. 770.92 HAC
- Moving still, Lois Greenfield. 792.8 GRE
- Over the years, Lois Greenfield has earned a reputation as one of the worlds most accomplished and respected photographers of human motion.
- The importance of elsewhere : Philip Larkin's photographs, Richard Bradford. 821.914 LAR
- 1606 : William Shakespeare and the year of Lear, James Shapiro. 822.33 SHA
- By immersing us in Shakespeare's England, 1606 profoundly changes and enriches our experience of his plays, works that continue to speak to us with such immediacy.
- Crimson, Marino Blank. 821.92 BLA
- NZ poetry
- The hollow of the hand, PJ Harvey & Seamus Murphy. 821.92 HAR
- Between 2011 and 2014, PJ Harvey and Seamus Murphy set out on a series of journeys together to Kosovo, Afghanistan, and Washington, D.C. Harvey collected words, Murphy collected pictures, and together they created an extraordinary chronicle of our life and times.
Politics & Government
- Abel : the true story of the spy they traded for Gary Powers, Vin Arthey. 327.12 ABE
- The true story behind the events depicted in Steven Spielberg's blockbuster Bridge of Spies. On 10 February 1962, Gary Powers, the American pilot whose U2 spy plane was shot down in Soviet airspace, was released by his captors in exchange for one Colonel Rudolf Abel, aka Vilyam Fisher one of the most extraordinary characters in the history of the Cold War.
- Crippled America : how to make America great again, Donald J. Trump. 320.973 TRU
- Prison post : letters of support for Peter Greste., . 808.86 PRI
- The world was shocked when foreign correspondent Peter Greste was convicted in June 2014 of reporting false
news and endangering Egypt's national security.
- The UFO dossier : 100 years for government secrets, conspiracies and cover-ups, Kevin D. Randle. 001.942 RAN
- Te koha mai ra o Te Whai Ao = The gifts from the world of light, Anne Maclean. 305.8994 MCL
- This book arises out of continuing to attend classes with the Upoko o Te Runaka ki Otautahi o Kai Tahu, Maurice Manawaroa Gray and follows the 2011 book Te waka huia - The treasure box.
- Te waka huia = The treasure box, Anne Maclean. 305.8994 MCL
- Te Waka Huia is a collection of writings arising from Te Arataki Manu Korero classes with the Upoko o Te Runaka ki Otautahi o Kai Tahu, the Rev Maurice Manawaroa Gray.
- Two great New Zealanders : the wisdom of Tamati Waka Nene and Apirana Ngata, John Robinson. 303.482 NEN
Religion & Ethics
- Archbishop Ramsey : the shape of the Church, Peter Webster. 283.092 RAM
- Archbishop Michael Ramsey's archiepiscopate from 1961 to 1974 saw profound renegotiations
of the relationship of the Church of England with its own flock, with the nation more widely, with the Anglican church worldwide, and with the other Christian churches.
- Augustine : conversions and confessions, Robin Lane Fox. 270.2 AUG
- Islam and the future of tolerance : a dialogue, Sam Harris, Maajid Nawaz. 297.28 HAR
- Opening doors within, Eileen Caddy. 133.9 CAD
- This diary offers a piece of practical guidance for each day of the year, with specific suggestions for daily spiritual growth and development simple teachings offered in the hope that they will help others find faith, fulfillment and inner peace.
- The Bible, the Qur'an and science : the Holy Scriptures examined in the light of modern knowledge, Maurice Bucaille. 220.6 BUC
- The Emmaus code : finding Jesus in the Old Testament, David Limbaugh. 221.6 LIM
- The gospel in twenty questions, Paul Ellis. 231.6 ELL
- The hyper grace gospel, Paul Ellis. 234 ELL
- Gems & crystals from one of the world's great collections, George E. Harlow and Anna S. Sofianides ; photography by Erica and Harold Van Pelt. 549 HAR
- How to solve physics problems, Daniel Milton Oman, Robert Milton Oman. 530 OMA
- Material alchemy, Studio Aikieu. 702.8 MAT
- Showcases the most innovative, thought-provoking design approaches to materials within the 21st century. This book explores
key topics such as synthetic biology, how designers and scientists are designing with living matter, utilising the laboratory as a means to cultivate and grow new materials, and how new technologies such as 3D printing.
- Physics : a short history from quintessence to quarks, J. L. Heilbron. 530 HEI
- The hidden half of nature : the microbial roots of life and health, David R. Montgomery and Anne Bikle. 579.1 MON
- The last volcano : a man, a romance, and the quest to understand nature's most magnificent fury, John Dvorak. 551.21 JAG
- The magic of maths : solving for x and figuring out why, Arthur Benjamin. 510 BEN
- We are all stardust : scientists who shaped our world talk about their work, their lives, and what they still want to know, Stefan Klein ; translated by Ross Benjamin. 509
- What have plants ever done for us? : western civilization in fifty plants, Stephen Harris. 580 HAR
- Presence : bringing your boldest self to your biggest challenges, Amy Cuddy. 158.1 CUD
- Secular meditation : 32 practices for cultivating inner peace, compassion, and joy, Rick Heller. 158.12 HEL
- Stuff that sucks : accepting what you can't change and committing to what you can, Ben Sedley. 152.4 SED
- The school of greatness : a real-world guide for living bigger, loving deeper, and leaving a legacy, Lewis Howes. 158.1 HOW
- The secret diaries of inspirational women. Volume 1 : how everyday women achieved extraordinary lives and how you can too, Beatrice Imbert. 158.1 IMB
- Anti-semitism, Frederic Raphael. 305.8924 RAP
- Digital divides : the new challenges and opportunities of e-inclusion, Kim Andreasson. 303.483 DIG
- Fantastic Man : men of great style and substance : a compilation of portraits, profiles and other treats from the fantastic gentlemen's journal, Emily King. 305.31
- Migrant journeys : New Zealand taxi drivers tell their stories, Adrienne Jansen and Liz Grant ; portraits by Michael Hall. 304.893 JAN
- Older & bolder, Renata Singer. 646.79 SIN
- Older and Bolder is a rallying guide to living audaciously in the last third of your life.
- Reclaiming conversation : the power of talk in a digital age, Sherry Turkle. 302.23 TUR
- Small world big ideas : activists for change, Edited by Satish Kumar. 303.484 SMA
- The health gap : the challenge of an unequal world, Michael Marmot. 306.461 MAR
- The planet remade : how geoengineering could change the world, Oliver Morton. 363.7387 MOR
- The promise I kept : a mother's journey to save a child from the poverty and squalor of post-Cold War Romania, Adele Rickerby. 362.734 RIC
- In 1991, unable to have a second child because of a medical problem and struggling to cope in a failing marriage, New Zealander Adele Rickerby decided to take her future in her hands by adopting a child from Romania.
- This is why you're single, Laura Lane & Angela Spera. 306.7 LAN
- Turning stone into jade : the history of the New Zealand Chinese Association = Diao shi cheng bi, David Fung. 305.8951 FUN
Sport & Recreation
- First : what it takes to win, Rich Froning and David Thomas. 796 FRO
- Strength. Endurance. Skill. Discipline. Those are the qualities that made Rich Froning a two-time CrossFit Games champion and earned him the title of "The Fittest Man on Earth."
- Helicopters and venison : stories of risk and adventure from pioneers in the New Zealand venison industry, Brian Conroy. 799.26 CON
- Master of thin air : life and death on the world's highest peaks, Andrew Lock ; foreword by Peter Hillary. 796.522 LOC
- The majors 2015 : the thrilling battle for golf's greatest trophies, Iain Carter. 796.3526 CAR
Trains, Boats, Planes
- 175 years of Cunard, Chris Frame & Rachelle Cross. 387.243 FRA
- Avro Lancaster : 1941 onwards (all marks) : owner's workshop manual, Jarrod Cotter and Paul Blackah. 623.7463 LAN
- Boeing B-52 Stratofortress : 1952 onwards (all marks) : owners' workshop manual, Steve Davies. 623.7463 B
- Consolidated B-24 Liberator : 1939 onwards (all marks) : owners' workshop manual, Graeme Douglas. 623.7463 B
- Hawker Hurricane : 1935 onwards (all marks) : owners' workshop manual, Paul Blackha; Malcolm V. Lowe and Louise Blackhah. 623.7463 HAW
- Jets, Michael Sharpe. 629.13334 SHA
- Inside this book you'll read and view the history and current status of over 75 civilian and military aircraft from around the world from
the Concorde to the Boeing 787 Dreamliner to the P-80 Lockheed Shooting Star of the 1940s to the F-35 Lightning 11 currently in use by the USAF and capable of vertical take-off.
- North American P-51 Mustang manual : 1940 onwards (all marks) : owners' workshop manual, Jarrod Cotter and Maurice Hammond. 623.7464 MUS
- Train : the evolution of rail travel, Philip Marsh. 385.2 MAR
- Valkyrie : the North American XB-70, Graham M. Simons. 623.7463 B
- 100 battles : conflicts that shaped the world, General editor, Martin J. Dougherty. 904.7 ONE
- Surveys the one hundred most decisive battles in world history from the battle
of Kadesh in 1294 BCE to the Georgian invasion of South Ossetia, 2008.
- All guts no glory : Nelson Tasman nurses and chaplains of World War One, Compiled by Cheryl Carnahan. 940.475 ALL
- Dam Busters : 1943 onwards (all marks and models) : owners' workshop manual, Iain R. Murray. 623.451 MUR
- Iain Murray describes the technology behind the bouncing bomb as well as the heavily modified Lancasters that were used to deliver the weapons.
- The Battle of Britain : July 10, 1940-October 31, 1940 : classic, rare and unseen photographs from the Daily Mail, Maureen Hill. 940.5421 HIL
- The fall of Malaya and Singapore : rare photographs from wartime archives, Jon Diamond. 940.5425 DIA
- The most dangerous moment of the war : Japan's attack on the Indian Ocean, 1942, John Clancy. 940.5425 CLA