New Titles Young Adults December 2016 (arrived in November 2016)
- Alice in the country of hearts. The Mad Hatter's late night tea party. Volume 2, [story by QuinRose ; art by Riko Sakura ; translation, Angela Liu ; adaptation, Lianne Sentar].
- Blood Dupre is the enigmatic leader of the Hatters, Wonderland's mafia. Along with his second-in-command, Elliot March, also known as the March Hare, Blood Dupre schemes from the shadows inside Hatter Mansion, while keeping his enemies at bay. Yet when Alice Lidell enters his life, she gives the dangerous mafia boss a run for his money.
- Carnage Michael Adams
- The only thing worse than me is you, Lily Anderson.
- After years of competing against each other, Trixie and Ben form a fandom-based tentative friendship when their best friends start dating each other, but after Trixie's friend gets expelled for cheating they have to choose which side they are on.
- Case closed. Volume 60, story and art by Gosho Aoyama ; translation, Tetsuichiro Miyaki.
- A precocious high school super sleuth trapped in a kid's body solves baffling crimes and mysteries while working on his toughest and most personal case: finding who put him in his miniature state.
- What light, Jay Asher.
- Sierra's family runs a Christmas tree farm in Oregon, and every year they pack up and move to California to set up their Christmas tree lot for the season. So Sierra lives two lives: her life in Oregon and her life at Christmas. By reputation, Caleb is not your perfect guy: years ago, he made an enormous mistake and has been paying for it ever since. But Sierra sees beyond Caleb's past and becomes determined to help him find forgiveness and, maybe, redemption,
- World Trigger. 12, Daisuke Ashihara ; translation, Lillian Olsen.
- Destroy thy Neighbor! A gate to another dimension has burst open, and invincible monsters called Neighbors invade Earth.
- Fairy girls. 3, manga by BOKU ; based on a story by Hiro Mishima ; [translation, William Flanagan].
- For the women of Fairy Tail, wizarding work is never over, especially when the guild receives missions that only Lucy, Erza, Juvia, and Wendy can handle! From posing as handsome hosts to infiltrating an all girls boarding school, the ladies have their share of odd jobs to deal with. And what seems like a routine job with the all-female guild Mermaid Heel becomes a life-or-death rescue
mission to save Kagura! Will the Fairy Girls ever catch a break?
- Illusion, Martina Boone.
- Barrie must rescue her beloved and her family from evil spirits that cursed Watson Island centuries ago.
- The boy in the striped pyjamas : a fable, John Boyne ; illustrated by Oliver Jeffers.
- Bruno doesn't like his new house. He had to leave all his friends behind in Berlin, and there are no children to play with here until Bruno meets Shmuel, a boy who lives on the other side of the wire fence near Bruno's house, and who wears a strange uniform of striped pyjamas. A stunning anniversary edition of John Boyne's powerful classic bestseller, with illustrations from award-winning artist Oliver Jeffers.
- Wonderboy Nicole Burstein
- Beat the band, Don Calame.
- Paired with the infamous "Hot Dog" Helen for a health class presentation on safe sex, tenth-grader Coop tries to regain his "cool" by entering his musically challenged rock group in the "Battle of the Bands" competition.
- Moon chosen, P. C. Cast.
- Mari is an Earth Walker, heir to the unique healing powers of her Clan, but she has cast her duties aside until she is chosen by a special animal ally, altering her destiny forever.
- The hunt, created by L. J. Smith ; written by Aubrey Clark.
- The twelve days of Dash & Lily, Rachel Cohn & David Levithan.
- Strike lightning Stephen Cole
- Beneath wandering stars, Ashlee Cowles.
- After her soldier brother is horribly wounded in Afghanistan, Gabriela must honor the vow she made: If anything ever happened to him, she would walk the Camino de Santiago through Spain, making a pilgrimage in his name. The worst part is that the promise stipulates that she must travel with her brother's best friend a boy she has despised all her life.
- You before anyone else, Julie Cross & Mark Perini.
- New York City model Finley is fed up with hearing the same feedback at castings: she needs to take some serious action to wipe the
"good girl" stamp from her resume if she wants to launch to stardom. Enter Eddie Wells. He's shallow, predictable and just as lost as Finley feels. Deep down, Finley is drawn to Eddie's bravado, his intensity. Except Eddie is hiding something. A big something. And when it surfaces, both loving and leaving Finley will become so much harder.
- Trayaurus and the enchanted crystal, DanTDM ; illustrated by Doreen Mulryan and Mike Love.
- From the mind of one of the most popular YouTubers of all time, DanTDM, comes a graphic novel adventure that reimagines the Minecraft-style worlds and characters he's created like you've never seen them before.
- The immortal throne, Bree Despain.
- Haden and Daphne are stuck in separate realms, racing time to save each other and fulfill their destinies before the monstrous Keres destroys everything they know.
- Dark wyng, Chris D'Lacey [and Jay D'Lacey].
- A dark stranger walks among the men. A dark force waits in the mountains. A dark wyng will be formed. The dark dragon is coming. Ren is the first of his kind a boy with the skills of a dragon. But as he tests his new powers, the dragons are growing wary. Meanwhile, a strange man has joined the hom, determined to help them wreak vengeance on the skalers. He knows about the dragons, but can he be trusted? As tensions rise between hom and
dragon, both are unaware that there's a bigger battle coming because the dark dragon will rise again.
- Sun tamer : Aotearoa mythology, Vincent Egan, Madison Henry.
- Fall of thrones and thorns, Jennifer Ellision.
- After Bree's life was torn apart, Nereidium had represented a haven to her. A place that-if she could save it-was beyond the King's reach. And,
at last, she's arrived upon its shores. But things in Nereidium are not what they should be.
- Riot of storm and smoke, Jennifer Ellision.
- War draws closer, like a tide to the shore. Bree and her friends have escaped the clutches of the Egrian King, but their troubles are far from over.
Still reeling from the secrets that drew new breath when her father took his last, Bree sets off for the safety of Nereidium the kingdom she's just learned is hers. But with the King's ire at its peak and war a certainty, Nereidium is no longer safe.
- The Graces Laure Eve
- Shooting stars : the private diary of Egan (Bush) Tucker and other stuff compiled by his friend J.T written by Brian Falkner.
- In 15 years, Egan Tucker has spoken to no one but his mother
... Escaping from an abusive husband, Moana (Moma) took baby Ethan to live in the Coromandel bush. For 15 years, Moma taught Egan to survive, and instilled in him her code for a good life. A chance meeting with a DOC deer culler (JT) while out hunting, results in Ethan finding his first friend.
- The trap, Alan Gibbons.
- MI5 agent, Kate, receives a tip-off about an asset, who seems too good to be true. Amir and Nasima are trying to make friends at their new school but struggling to keep a terrible secret. A group of jihadists are planning something. And behind it all stands Majid. Brother. Son. Hero. Terrorist. Spanning Iraq, Syria and England, The trap grapples with one of the greatest challenges of our time.
- Star Wars. 3, Rebel jail, Kieron Gillen and Jason Aaron, writers ; Angel Unzueta, Leinil Yu, Mike Mayhew, artists.
- The Rebel crew is en route to a prison base with a very important captive. But unlucky for them, they aren't the only ones with their eyes on the prize! Plus: Meet a rebel spy at the heart of the Empire, and join him on a mission of life and death! And in another tale from the journals of Obi-Wan Kenobi, journey back to the Jedi's days of exile on Tatooine. Moisture farmer Owen Lars may have taken in young Luke, but he refused to let Ben be part of the boy's life. Now, prepare to discover the reason why!
- Projekt 1065, Alan Gratz.
- It is 1943, and thirteen-year-old Michael O'Shaunessey, son of the Irish ambassador to Nazi Germany in Berlin, is also a spy for the British Secret Service, so he has joined the Hitler Youth, and pretending that he agrees with their violence and book-burning is hard enough but when he is asked to find out more about "Projekt 1065" both his and his parents' lives get a lot more dangerous.
- Blood for blood, Ryan Graudin.
- In this alternate version of the 1950s, after the Axis powers win World War II, Yael, a Jewish skinshifter, fails in her mission to kill Hitler and finds herself being hunted while trying to finish what she started.
- Underland, Chanda Hahn.
- Long ago, before humans forgot them for all eternity, monsters and immortals retreated below ground to seek shelter. But what do the Greek Gods do when they're bored' They bring back the Olympic games-only a lethal version. The newest contender in these bigger, deadlier games is a young human girl they kidnapped from the streets above. For Kira Lier, it's kill or be killed as she races against beasts she thought were just myths, to cross the finish line and win a chance to earn her freedom.
- The lie tree, Frances Hardinge ; illustrated by Chris Riddell.
- Faith's father has been found dead under mysterious circumstances, and as she is searching through his belongings for clues she discovers a strange tree. The tree only grows healthy and bears fruit if you whisper a lie to it. The fruit of the tree, when eaten, will deliver a hidden truth to the person who consumes it. The bigger the lie, the more people who believe it, the bigger the truth that is uncovered.
- Horimiya : Hori san and miyamura kun. 05, Hero x Daisuke Hagiwara ; [translation, Taylor Engel].
- Hori and Miyamura are now officially a couple, and everyone knows it. But not everything's coming up roses for Miyamura, who's worried that people are talking about Hori behind her back. When his anxiety about being Hori's boyfriend reaches fever pitch, Miyamura drastically changes his look, which changes everyone's opinion of him all at once.
- Midnight hour C C Hunter
- The rains, Gregg Hurwitz.
- In one terrifying night, the peaceful community of Creek's Cause turns into a war zone. No one under the age of eighteen is safe. Chance Rain and his older brother, Patrick, have already fended off multiple attacks from infected adults by the time they arrive at the school where other young survivors are hiding. Most of the kids they know have been dragged away by once-trusted adults who are now ferocious, inhuman beings. The parasite that transformed them takes hold after people turn eighteen and Patrick's birthday is only a few days away.
- Justice League. Volume 8, Darkseid war. Part 2, written by Geoff Johns ; art by Jason Fabok [and six others]
- Darkseid is dead. In the midst of the Lord of Apokolips being slain at the hands of the Anti-Monitor, the Justice League has inherited the power of the Gods. Batman, Superman, The Flash, Shazam and Green Lantern have been transformed into omnipotent deities, but even when equipped with such power, still need help in defeating their most powerful foe to date. Their unlikely allies? The villainous Crime Syndicate!
- Liar, Pete Johnson ; illustrated by Julia Page.
- Gemina, Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff with journal illustrations by Marie Lu.
- When the space station Heimdall is invaded, Hannah and Nik must work together to defeat the
- Wired man and other freaks of nature, Sashi Kaufman.
- Ben has to wear hearing aids, but being inseparable from the super-popular Tyler allows him to think of himself as normal. But Tyler blows him off senior year and Ben needs to rethink who he is and who Tyler is.
- Still life with tornado, A.S. King.
- A talented 16-year-old artist slowly discovers the history of domestic violence behind why her brother left the family years earlier and why she suddenly cannot make art.
- Still a work in progress, Jo Knowles.
- Noah is just trying to make it through seventh grade. The girls are confusing, the homework is boring, and even his friends are starting to bug him. Not to mention that his older sister, Emma, has been acting pretty strange, even though Noah thought she'd been doing better ever since the Thing They Don't Talk About. The only place he really feels at peace is in art class, with a block of clay in his hands.
- The death and life of Zebulon Finch. Volume two, Empire decayed, as prepared by the esteemed fictionist, Mr. Daniel Kraus.
- The conclusion to Daniel Kraus's saga about a murdered teen who is resurrected to walk the earth for decades to come.
- The treasure map of boys : Noel, Jackson, Finn, Hutch, Gideon and me, Ruby Oliver, E. Lockhart.
- A Seattle sixteen-year-old juggles therapy, running a school bake sale, coping with her performance artist mother, growing distant from an old friend, and conflicting feelings about her ex-boyfriend and potential new boyfriends.
- The midnight star : a Young Elites novel Marie Lu
- Mushoku tensei : jobless reincarnation. 4, art by Fujikawa Yuka ; story by Rifujin Na Magonote ; original character design by Shirotaka ; [translation, Jill Morita ; adaptation, Karis Page].
- Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation is a new fantasy manga based on a series of light novels that have become a bestselling sensation in Japan. Initially appearing as a series of web novels, Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation was then collected into print editions and quickly rose to the top of the light novel charts in Japan.
- The keeper, Darragh Martin.
- Ordinary books don't move. Ordinary books are quite happy waiting to be picked up. You could leave an ordinary book somewhere uncomfortable at the bottom of a dark schoolbag or in the middle of a shop window and it wouldn't dare budge, even if it had to sneeze. Nobody had told the Book of Magic this, though, so it jumped into Oisin's hands without so much as a flap of its pages.
- Fairy tail. 56, Hiro Mashima ; [translation, William Flanagan].
- Despite the Spriggan 12 being reduced to eight, both sides remain uncertain of victory. In Halgeon, the Warrior Queen Di Maria has trapped the Sky Sisters in a tricky situation. Meanwhile, back at Fairy Tail, members start disappearing at the hands of Jacob the Assassin, but Natsu is still fast asleep! The decisive battle for Magnolia remains perilous the waves of formidable enemies keep coming, but the wizards of Fiore are
ready to fight!
- Kid got shot, Simon Mason.
- Meet Garvie Smith. Reprobate, genius, waster, and sometime detective. Right in the middle of revision hell until now. A boy from Marsh Academy has been shot, with no clear motive and no clues. Disgraced DI Singh is on the case, and he's determined to keep Garvie away. But Garvie knows he's the only one who has any idea where to look for the answers. Starting with his best friend's girlfriend. And it's going to take more than pointless revision or flunking his exams to stop him getting involved.
- My monster secret : actually I am. 4, story and art by Eiji Masuda ; translation, Alethea and Athena Nibley ; adapation, Lianne Sentar.
- The high school's inhuman heroines are threatened
by an alien woman and a goddess of fortune.
- I'm not your manic pixie dream girl, Gretchen McNeil.
- Beatrice Maria Estrella Giovannini is starting senior year at the top of her class, she's a shoo-in for a scholarship to M.I.T., and she's got a new boyfriend she's crazy about. But through high school Bea and her best friends Spencer and Gabe have been the targets of horrific bullying. So Bea uses her math skills to come up with a 100% mathematically guaranteed path to social happiness in high school. When her boyfriend Jesse dumps her for Toile, the quirky new girl at school, Bea reinvents herself as Trixie, a manic pixie dream girl in order to win Jesse back.
- The beginning woods Malcolm McNeill
- Bras and broomsticks Sarah Mlynowski
- Spells & sleeping bags Sarah Mlynowski
- Re:Zero : starting life in a another world. Chapter 1, A day in the capital. 2, original story author, Tappei Nagatsuki ; Daichi Matsuse ; character design, Shinichirou Otsuka ; translation, ZephyrRz ;
lettering, Bianca Pistillo.
- Subaru Natsuki had just been trying to get to the convenience store, but he wound up summoned to another world. Worse, he has only one special ability, and he has to die to use it! At least now he's got a goal save the girl with the silver hair and bring a smile to her face. But how many times is he going to have to die a terrible death in order to make that goal a reality?
- Aoharu x machinegun. 01, Naoe ; [translation, Leighann Harvey].
- Hotaru Tachibana is a girl (though all too frequently mistaken for a boy!) with a deep sense of justice. When a classmate informs [her] that she was bilked out of her cash by a shady host at a host club, Hotaru immediately rushes to confront the villain only to discover that the con man in question is her new neighbour! Worse, he proposes to settle their feud with firearms! Okay, it turns out that they're just toys, but when Hotaru is soundly defeated, she finds herself sucked into a world of survival games. Is this new world one she can actually escape?
- A monster calls : a novel, Patrick Ness from an original idea by Siobhan Dowd ; illustrations by Jim Kay with additional material by J.A. Bayona [and 4 others].
- In this special collector's edition, discover Patrick Ness's original prize-winning illustrated novel and the remarkable story behind the book and film. In exclusive essays and interviews, read how Patrick Ness created a modern classic, and discover Jim Kay's previously unseen sketches for the book.
- Word nerd, Susin Nielsen.
- Twelve-year-old Ambrose is a glass-half-full kind of guy. A self-described "friendless nerd," he moves from place to place every couple of years with his overprotective mother, Irene. When some bullies at his new school almost kill him by slipping a peanut into his sandwich -- even though they know he has a deathly allergy -- Ambrose is philosophical. Irene, however, is not and decides that Ambrose will be home-schooled. Alone in the evenings when Irene goes to work, Ambrose pesters Cosmo, the twenty-five-year-old son of the Greek landlords who live upstairs.
- Replica. Lyra : Replica. Gemma, Lauren Oliver.
- Replica is a "flip book" that contains two narratives in one, and it is the first in a duology. Turn the book one way and read Lyra's story; turn
the book over and upside down and read Gemma's story ... Lyra's story begins in the Haven Institute, a building tucked away on a private island off the coast of Florida that from a distance looks serene and even beautiful.
- Every hidden thing, Kenneth Oppel.
- Somewhere in the Badlands, embedded deep in centuries-buried rock and sand, lies the skeleton of a massive dinosaur, larger than anything the late
nineteenth century world has ever seen. To Samuel Bolt it's the "rex", the king dinosaur that could put him and his struggling, temperamental archaeologist father in the history books. For Rachel Cartland this find could be her chance to prove herself on this expedition with her professor father. With both eyeing the same prize, their budding romance seems destined to fail. As danger looms, can they join forces to find their quarry?
- Star wars. Legacy, Book 3, [story, John Ostrander & Jan Duursema ; script, John Ostrander ; pencils, Jan Duursema, Dave Ross ; inks, Dan Parsons ; colors, Brad Anderson, Jesus Aburto ; lettering,
- Ex-Jedi, would-be pirate, and last heir to the legacy of the Skywalkers, Cade Skywalker is ready to turn his back on the galaxy for good. But when the rumored death of Sith Emperor Darth Krayt sets into motion a struggle for power that will wreak havoc - with or without Cade - it
becomes clear that this Skywalker is the true last hope for the galaxy. Will Cade become the hero the galaxy so desperately needs, or will he fall to the same darkness that overtook Anakin Skywalker?
- Magi. 0 : the labyrinth of magic, story & art by Shinobu Ohtaka ; translation & English adaptation, John Werry.
- The battle for Magnoshutatt reaches its devastating climax as the terrible Dark God takes shape and powerful Metal Vessel users from across the world arrive to help. Defeating this enemy will require Aladdin and Yamraiha to go inside the Medium, a terrifying mass of Black Rukh, to find Mogamett and uncover his secret. They may also find the sacrifice required for victory too
much to bear.
- Glitter, Aprilynne Pike.
- A teenager living in an alternate-history futuristic Versailles must escape its walls by selling a happy-inducing makeup called Glitter.
- Vassa in the night, Sarah Porter.
- In Vassa's Brooklyn neighborhood, where she lives with her stepmother and bickering stepsisters, one might stumble onto magic, but stumbling out again could become an issue. Babs Yagg, the owner of the local convenience store, has a policy of beheading shoplifters-- and sometimes innocent shoppers. A shopping trip in the middle of the night could easily become a suicide mission. But in her pocket Vassa has Erg, a tough-talking wooden doll with sticky fingers, a bottomless stomach, and a ferocious cunning. Vassa might be able to break the witch's curse . But Babs won't be playing fair....
- Rose & thorn, Sarah Prineas.
- Rose has been kept hidden all her life to delay the three curses she was born with-- curses that will put her into her own fairy tale and a century-long slumber.
Accompanied by Griff, the handsome and mysterious Watcher, and Quirk, his witty and warmhearted partner, Rose tries to escape from the ties that bind her to her story. But will the path they take lead them to freedom, or will it bring them straight into the fairy tale they are trying to avoid?
- Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children, Ransom Riggs.
- After a family tragedy, Jacob feels compelled to explore an abandoned orphanage on an island off the coast of Wales,
discovering disturbing facts about the children who were kept there.
- Bloody Mary. Volume 4, story and art by Akaza Samamiya ; translation, Katherine Schilling.
- "Bloody" Mary, a vampire with a death wish, has spent the past 400 years chasing down a modern-day exorcist named Maria who is thought to have inherited "The Blood of Maria" and is the only one who can kill Mary. To Mary's dismay, Maria doesn't know how to kill vampires. Desperate to die, Mary agrees to become Maria's bodyguard until Maria can find a way to kill him. Maria's father Yusei was killed by vampires--and it was Maria's own fault. Haunted by that guilt, she seals away the memory, until she remembers the face of the murderous vampire--and it looks just like Mary's! On a mission for answers, Maria comes to the kidnapped Mary's rescue, but Yzak's torturing awakens someone else within him.
- Kagerou daze. 07, Mahiro Satou ; original story, Jin (Shizen no Teki-P) ; character design, Sidu, Wannyanpuu- ; translation, Kevin Gifford ; lettering, Abigail Blackman.
- As Hibiya chases after the vanished Hiyori, a mysterious girl appears and tells him the story of Azami, the very first protagonist.
- Royal blood, Ellen Schreiber.
- While fending off Trevor, her nemesis at school with whom she must work on an important project, sixteen-year-old Raven is distracted by finally meeting her
vampire-boyfriend Alexander's parents and trying to foil their plan that could jeopardize her future with him.
- Saint Death, Marcus Sedgwick.
- Anapra is one of the poorest neighbourhoods in the Mexican city of Juarez 20 metres outside town lies a fence, and beyond it, America the dangerous goal of many a migrant. Faustino is one such trying to escape from the gang he's been working for. He's dipped into a pile of dollars he was supposed to be hiding and now he's on the run. He and his friend, Arturo, have only 36 hours to replace the missing money, or they're as good as dead. Watching over them is Saint Death. Saint Death (or Santissima Muerte) she of pure bone and charcoal-black eye, she of absolute loyalty and neutral morality, holy patron to rich and poor, to prostitute and narco-lord, criminal and police-chief. A folk saint, a rebel angel, a sinister guardian.
- Kimi ni todoke. Vol. 25 = From me to you, story & art by Karuho Shiina ; [translation, Ari Yasuda, HC Language Solutions].
- With Ryu's baseball team in the semifinals, Chizu is conflicted since she wants him to do well, but not well enough to leave her, while Kazehaya and Sawako struggle to confront each other after he made her cry.
- Metaltown, Kristen Simmons.
- The rules of Metaltown are simple: Work hard, keep your head down, and watch your back. You look out for number one, and no one knows that better than Ty. She's been surviving on the factory line as long as she can remember.
- Dark made dawn, J.P. Smythe.
- There was one truth on Australia, the derelict ship on which Chan was born and raised: you fight or you die. Usually both. But everything on Australia was a
lie. Abandoned and alone, Chan was forced to live a terrible existence on the fringes of society, Australia's only survivor after a terrible crash-landing on Earth. But Chan discovered she was not alone.
- Batman. Volume 9, Bloom, written by Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV ; art by Greg Capullo [and 3 others] ; color by Fco Plascencia, Nathan Fairbairn, Matt Hollingsworth, letters by Steve Wands.
- As the new Batman, former police commissioner Jim Gordon is in for the fight of his life against the bizarre threat of Mr. Bloom, who controls plant life in Gotham City! At the same time, an amnesiac Bruce Wayne has discovered the truth of his past as the Dark Knight -- now, he must descend into the Batcave and reclaim that painful legacy. With Bruce back in the cape and cowl once more, can the combined skills of two Batmen defeat Mr. Bloom and his minions?
- Saving Red, Sonya Sones.
- Right before winter break, fourteen-year-old Molly Rosenberg reluctantly volunteers to participate in Santa Monica's annual homeless count, just to get her school's community service requirement out of the way. But when she ends up meeting Red, a spirited homeless girl only a few years older than she is, Molly makes it her mission to reunite her with her family in time for Christmas. This turns out to be extremely difficult--because Red refuses to talk about
her past. There are things Molly won't talk about either. Like the awful thing that happened last winter. She may never be ready to talk about that. Not to Red, or to Cristo, the soulful boy she meets while riding the Ferris wheel one afternoon.
- Beast, Brie Spangler.
- Tall, meaty, muscle-bound, and hairier than most throw rugs, Dylan doesn t look like your average fifteen-year-old, so, naturally, high school has not been kind to him. To make matters worse, on the day his school bans hats (his preferred camouflage), Dylan goes up on his roof only to fall and wake up in the hospital with a broken leg and a mandate to attend group therapy for self-harmers. Dylan vows to say nothing and zones out at therapy until he meets Jamie.
- The boy who killed Grant Parker, Kat Spears.
- Branded as a troublemaker, seventeen-year-old Luke is sent to rural Tennessee for live with his preacher father, but when a freak accident removes golden boy (and high school bully) Grant from the top of the social pyramid, outcast Luke replaces him and achieves popularity, but is that what he really wants?
- Dragon Ball full color. Freeza arc. 3, story and art by Akira Toriyama ; [translation, Mari Morimoto ; English adaptation, Gerard Jones].
- In order to resurrect their fallen allies, Son Goku and his friends must obtain the Dragon Balls. Their search leads them to the evil Freeza, who will kill to became immortality. Will they be able to defeat this evil?
- Missions of love. Volume 13, Ema Toyama ; [translation, Alethea Nibley & Athena Nibley].
- In school, Yukina is a cold and distant girl; Shigure is the most perfect, good-looking guy. But the two of them have a secret, and their extraordinary love affair is about to start! Yukina, under the pen name 'Yupina', is actually a popular cell phone novelist. When she discovers Shigure's devious womanising ways, she blackmails him to complete daring 'missions of love' for her to write about. Will these missions give them an opportunity to fall in love with each other?
- The devil is a part-timer! 7, original story, Satoshi Wagahara ; art, Akio Hiiragi ; character design, 029 (Oniku) ; translation, Kevin Gifford ; lettering, Brndn Blakeslee.
- It's tough being evil when you have to pay the rent! This comical tale of a demon-lord-turned-fry-slinger follows the daily travails of (former) Devil King Sadao Maou and his general Shiro Ashiya as they navigate the complexities of life in modern-day Tokyo. Having suffered utter defeat at the hands of a plucky hero, they've
been banished to earth and stripped of magical power. And if that wasn't enough, that pesky hero is still hell bent on finishing the job. Artist Akio Hiiragi brings Satoshi Wagahara's story to hilarious life in this manga adaptation of the hit light novel series. It turns out crushing your enemies beneath your feet is tricky when you haven't even made manager yet!
- The devil is a part-timer! High school! 5, art, Kurone Mishima ; original story, Satoshi Wagahara ; character design, 029 (Oniku) ; [translation, Kevin Gifford].
- Having been banished to modern-day Japan to attend high school, the Devil King (Maou) and the Hero (Emi) have been fighting a high-stakes battle to control the student council! When Maou manages to win, the defeated Emi feels a terrible pang in her chest for Maou?! Surely not! Have the high school foibles of the fated rivals just gotten a lot more complicated?
- All-new all-different Avengers. , Family business, writer, Mark Waid ; artists, Adam Kubert, Mahmud Asaar ; penciler, Alan Davis.
- Who will prove themselves the mightiest Avengers of
- Archie. Volume one, The new Riverdale, story by Mark Waid ; art by Fiona Staples (issues 1-3), Annie Wu (issue 4), Veronica Fish (issues 5-6).
- A surprising and definitive take on Archie's origin--a story that has never been told. The book captures the bite and hilarious edge of Archie's original tales in a modern, forward-looking manner, while still retaining the character's all-ages appeal. If classic Archie is a Saturday morning cartoon, this new series is prime time!
- Nickel : a novel, Robert Wilder.
- Coy is a quirky teenage boy and his best friend Monroe is a girl who is just as odd and funny and obsessed with 80's culture as he is. So when Monroe comes down with a mysterious illness, his inner turmoil only grows.
- Messenger, Carol Lynch Williams.
- Evie Messenger knows that her family is different from other families. But it isn t until her fifteenth birthday that the Messenger gift is revealed to her.
Evie has the family s gift a special power. Soon she realizes she is able to see and talk to the dead ghosts often with no idea who the person was. Or as Evie says: I see Dead People. It s a Messenger gift. That doesn t mean she wants the Messenger gift. So Evie tries to ignore it but soon she finds she cannot. Can Evie find a way to live her life without letting her power take over? And what if the dead person is someone close to Evie s family?"
- Love lessons, [Jacqueline Wilson] ; illustrated by Nick Sharratt.
- Fifteen year old Prue and her sister Grace have been educated at home by their controlling, super-strict father all their lives.
But when Dad has a stroke and ends up in hospital, unable to move or speak, Prue suddenly discovers what it's like to have a little freedom.
- Allegiance Wanda Wiltshire
- Avatar, the last Airbender. North and south. Part one, script, Gene Luen Yang ; art and cover, Gurihiru ; lettering, Michael Heisler.
- When Aang leaves to aid Zuko with the Kemurikage,
Katara and Sokka return to the Southern Water Tribe by themselves. Katara is shocked to find that her beloved village has become a bustling city, with none other than their father, Hakoda, in charge. A Northerner named Malina seems to be behind this change, pushing the North and South to be more unified but what are her true goals?
- Avatar, the last airbender. The rift, Gene Luen Yang, script ; Gurihiru, art & cover ; Michael Heisler, lettering.
- As Avatar Aangand his friends confront an ancient spirit determined to destroy a town on land sacred to the Air Nomads, Toph and Aang find themselves on opposing sides in a battle of gigantic proportions. If Toph and Aang don't put aside their differences, there's more at stake than just their friendship!
- The sun is also a star Nicola Yoon
- Comics confidential : thirteen graphic novelists talk story, craft, and life outside the box, [compiled and edited by] Leonard S. Marcus.
- Thirteen prominent cartoonists discuss their creative processes and the experiences and influences that led to their success in one of today's most vibrant art forms. Each interview is followed by an original graphic short on the common theme of "the city."
- Case closed. Volume 26, Gosho Aoyama ; [translation, Tetsuichiro Miyaki ; touch-up & lettering, Freeman Wong].
- Conan wakes up in the hospital, the victim of a gunshot wound and things just go downhill from there. Has Rachel finally figured out that Conan and Jimmy Kudo are one and the same? But the drama really builds when a real-life murder interrupts Rachel's school play and a familiar teenage boy steps out of the wings to tackle the case.
- Garfield thinks big, Jim Davis.
- Continues the adventures of the irascible lasagna-eating cat.
- Dating and sex : a guide for the 21st century teen boy, Andrew P. Smiler.
- Written for teen boys, Dating and Sex provides them with the knowledge they need to understand dating,
relationships and sex. It goes beyond basic descriptions of the biological processes with a progressive, practical approach that relies on secular ethics and emphasises sexual health and personal responsibility. The book addresses common questions about what's typical, provides a framework for dating and sex that fits their values and identity, and helps boys identify what feels right for them in a variety of common situations.
- Girl [hearts] girl, Lucy Sutcliffe.
- In 2010, at 17, Lucy Sutcliffe began an online friendship with Kaelyn, a young veterinary student from Michigan. Within months, they began a long distance relationship, finally meeting in the summer of 2011. Lucy's video montage of their first week spent together in Saint Kitts, which she posted to the couple's YouTube channel, was the first in a series of films documenting their long-distance relationship. Funny, tender and candid, the films attracted them a vast online following.