New Titles Young Adults’ April 2016 (arrived in March 2016)
- A-Force presents. Volume 1.,
- Marvel's most amazing heroes step into the spotlight in this all action book packed with adventure, danger, drama and fun.
- A-Force presents. Volume 2.,
- Black Widow's quest for atonement takes a dark and mysterious turn! Will Captain Marvel survive on the front lines of a war on an alien world? The all-new Ms. Marvel adjusts to her strange and immense new powers, but can she come to terms with her Inhuman legacy? She-Hulk opens her own law practice, but her first client proves to be a ton of trouble! Witness the new Thor in all-out action against an army of invading Frost Giants! And Marvel's most unbeatable hero, Squirrel Girl, must invade Stark Enterprises!
- Puella magi madoka magica. The movie rebellion. 1, [art by Hanokage ; original story by Magica Quartet ; translation, William Flanagan].
- With Makoka Kaname's sacrifice, the hopeless cycle that once bound every magical girl to a terrible fate was broken at last. Or was it...? All does not seem right with the world, and as Homura pulls at the loose threads of the girl's new reality, it is possible that an even darker destiny looms ahead?
- Simpsons comics chaos, [created by Matt Groening].
- Pandemonium breaks loose in Springfield when one cell phone call causes a commotion of cosmic proportions. Then, it's a hard-
knock life for Bart when a prank lands him in the Springfield Orphanage, where he is subjected to gruel and unusual punishment by Mr. Burns. Adding to the confusion, Homer decides to get a tattoo to prove his love to Marge, and Krusty quits showbiz to work at, of all places, the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant! And Ned Flanders suffers a bout of 'Vertigo'-areeno when he becomes obsessed with a woman who is a dead ringer for his dearly departed wife! These stories and more will keep your head in a tizzy!
- The legends of Ashildr.,
- Collects four stories of never-before-told adventures of Ashildr, the Viking girl who was brought back to life by the doctor and therefore lived longer than she ever should have.
- Thriller, edited and with a introduction by Jon Scieszka ; stories by M.T Anderson ... [et al.] ; with illustrations by Brett Helquist.
- Star Wars. , Showdown on Smuggler's Moon, writer, Jason Aaron ; artist #7, Simone Bianchi, penciler, #8-12, Stuart Immonen.
- Luke continues his quest to learn about the Jedi by heading for the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. But when his lightsaber is stolen, he soon finds himself entrapped and imprisoned! Will his friends come to his aid before he's forced to enter the Arena of Death? Meanwhile, Han and Leia are confronted by an unexpected foe. The Imperials are closing in on
them, and they were set on the rebels' trail by a mysterious woman from Han's past one with a very personal grudge! As Chewbacca is unleashed, Han finds himself dealing with a ball and chain?! You've got to read it to believe it! Plus: Injustice reigns on Tatooine as villainous scum run rampant. Will Ben Kenobi risk revealing himself to do what's right? It's a special tale from Obi-Wan's past!
- Thor. Vol 1 : the Goddess of Thunder, writer, Jason Aaron ; artists, Russell Dauterman & Jorge Molina.
- Mjolnir lies on the moon, unable to be lifted! The secrets of Original Sin have left the God of Thunder unworthy for the first time! But when Frost Giants invade Earth, a new hand will grasp the hammer and a mysterious woman will take up the mantle of the mighty Thor! Who is this new Goddess of Thunder? Not even Odin knows but she may be Earth's only hope against the Frost Giants! Get ready for a Thor like you've never seen before, as this all-new heroine takes Midgard by storm!
- Deadpool. [The ones with Deadpool], writers, Ben Acker [and 5 others] ; artists, Evan "Doc" Shaner [and 3 others].
- Four tales of everyone's favorite Merc with a Mouth!
- Just visiting., Dahlia Adler
- Dreamfever, Kit Alloway.
- Joshlyn is plagued by terrible nightmares before the lost dream walker princess returns to claim her right to the throne, a situation that is further complicated by the Lodestone party's attempt to take control of the government.
- World trigger. 8, Daisuke Ashihara ; [translation, Lillian Olsen].
- As the Neighbour invasion continues, Osamu's brave defense of Chika lands him in combat against the Neighbour commander! Border's weakest agent will have to do better than his best to win against a Trigger that seems to generate life itself.
- Dove exiled, Karen Bao.
- After fleeing the Moon, fifteen-year-old Phaet Theta hides on Earth and plots how to rescue her siblings from the wrath of the Lunar government.
- Some of the parts, Hannah Barnaby.
- A devastated teenaged girl sets out on a quest to track down transplant recipients after she discovers that her older brother was an organ
- Love & other theories., Alexis Bass
- Twenty questions for Gloria., Martyn Bedford
- The haunting., Alex Bell
- Shadows, Ilsa J. Bick.
- When Alex discovers that Rule is not a sanctuary, she must battle to survive against conniving adults, distrusting survivors, and the Changed, who would eat her
- The forbidden orchid, Sharon Biggs Waller.
- When her family is threatened with being sent to the poorhouse for failing to collect a rare orchid, Elodie Buchanan accompanies her father to
China determined to find the flower and save her family.
- Team awkward., Katie Birchall
- How hard can love be?, Holly Bourne
- Judgement of the Judoon., Colin Brake
- Shade me, Jennifer Brown.
- A teenage girl with special cognitive abilities becomes embroiled in a mystery surrounding the brutal attack of a high-profile classmate and a sexy yet dangerous relationship with a stranger.
- The Assassins of Altis, Jack Campbell.
- Trapped within the dead city of Marandur, Master Mechanic Mari and Mage Alain must escape both merciless barbarians and the pitiless Imperial Legion. Beyond those dangers lie the mightiest and most unforgiving powers in the world of Dematr: the Great Guilds that rule the world with iron fists. Mari's Mechanics Guild and Alain's Mage Guild have always been enemies, but they are united in wanting to kill their rogue members before Mari can fulfill the ancient prophecy of being the one who will finally overthrow their power. Mari and Alain must risk those dangers because halfway across their world lies a place where truth has long been hidden. A place that could explain why their world's history begins abruptly, with no hints of what came before. A place where they might learn how the Mechanics Guild came to control all technology and how the Mages manage to alter reality temporarily. A place that might tell them how to achieve a task that appears to be impossible. Never before have a Mage and a Mechanic worked together, and their combined talents offer their only hope. But she and Alain must first survive the deadly and implacable Assassins of Altis.
- Lungdon, written and illustrated by Edward Carey.
- The dirt town of Foulsham has been destroyed, its ashes still smoldering. Darkness lies heavily over the city, the sun has not come up for
days. Inside the houses throughout the capital, ordinary objects have begun to move. Strange new people run through the darkened streets. There are rumours of a terrible contagion.
- City of fallen angels, Cassandra Clare.
- As mysterious murders threaten the new peace between Shadowhunters and Downworlders, only Simon, the Daylighter vampire, can help bring both groups together.
- Lady midnight, Cassandra Clare.
- Shadowhunter Emma Carstairs and her parabatai Julian Blackthorn race to stop a demonic plot that threatens Los Angeles.
- Max, Sarah Cohen-Scali ; translated from the French by Penny Hueston.
- Dominion, John Connolly, Jennifer Ridyard.
- They have cheated death. Defied their people. Changed beyond recognition. Their love has survived the impossible. But now they must learn to trust again: the future of their worlds depends on it.
- Other broken things, C. Desir.
- Forced to attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, where she bonds with a much older man, seventeen-year-old Natalie, a recovering alcoholic, confronts issues in her family and life as she tries to turn her life around.
- Deadpool. [1, Dead presidents], writers, Gerry Duggan & Brian Posehn ; artist, Tony Moore.
- Dead United States presidents, from George Washington to Gerald Ford, have been resurrected
and that's bad. The Marvel heroes can't be the ones to stop them. Someone is needed with the reputation, skills and plausible deniability to take out these com-monsters in chiefs. Be here as Deadpool de-un-deadifies ex-Presidents left and right matching wits with Tricky Dick Nixon, fighting a grudge match against Honest Abe Lincoln, and battling Ronald Reagan in space!
- Deadpool. [Flashbacks], writers, Gerry Duggan & Brian Posehn ; artist, Scott Koblish.
- Deadpool travels through the decades, including saving Nick Fury from time-traveling Hitler.
- Inherit the stars., Tessa Elwood
- More of me., Kathryn Evans
- The Deavys., Alan Dean Foster
- Where you'll find me, Natasha Friend.
- After her mother's attempted suicide, thirteen-year-old Anna goes to live with her father and his new family, and learns to navigate the shifting loyalties of middle school friendships.
- Reckless. [III], The golden yarn, Cornelia Funke with illustrations by the author ; translated by Oliver Latsch.
- Jacob Reckless continues to travel the portal in his father's abandoned study.
His name has continued to be famous on the other side of the mirror, as a finder of enchanted items and buried secrets. His family and friends, from his brother, Will to the shape-shifting vixen, Fox, are on a collision course as the two worlds become connected. Who is driving these two worlds together and why is he always a step ahead? This new force isn't limiting its influence to just Jacob's efforts - it has broadened the horizon within MirrorWorld. Jacob, Will and Fox travel east and into the Russian folklore, to the land of the Baba Yaga, pursued by a new type of being that knows our world all to well.
- Zero day, Jan Gangsei.
- Eight years after being kidnapped, Addie Webster, now sixteen, resurfaces under mysterious circumstances, significantly changed, and her childhood best friend,
Darrow Fergusson, is asked by a national security advisor to spy on her to uncover whether she is a threat to her father's Presidency or the nation.
- Star Wars. Darth Vader. , Shadows and secrets, writer, Kieron Gillen ; artist, Salvador Larroca ; colorist, Edgar Delgado ; letterer, VC's Joe Caramagna.
- Bounty Hunters on the attack against the Empire! Vader has a new mission to do for the Empire. Unfortunately, it's completely at odds with his own mission. What's a Dark Lord to do? Plus: Who is Tagge's mysterious new agent?
- Arrows, Melissa Gorzelanczyk.
- Dance prodigy Karma Clark's unrequited love for Danny is unbearable until Aaryn, son of Cupid, tries to fix his mistake and ends up falling in love with the beautiful dancer from Wisconsin who can never love him in return.
- I'm not her., Janet Gurtler
- No one else can have you., Kathleen Hale
- Rebel of the sands., Alwyn Hamilton
- The girl from everywhere, Heidi Heilig.
- Heidi Heilig's debut teen fantasy sweeps from modern-day New York City, to nineteenth-century Hawaii, to places of myth and legend. Sixteen-
year-old Nix has sailed across the globe and through centuries aboard her time-traveling father's ship. But when he gambles with her very existence, it all may be about to end. The Girl from Everywhere, the first of two books, blends fantasy, history, and a modern sensibility. Its witty, fast-paced dialogue,
breathless adventure, multicultural cast, and enchanting romance will dazzle readers of Sabaa Tahir, Rae Carson, and Rachel Hartman. Nix's life began in Honolulu in 1868. Since then she has traveled to mythic Scandinavia, a land from the tales of One Thousand and One Nights, modern-day New York City, and many more places both real and imagined. As long as he has a map, Nix's father can sail his ship, The Temptation, to any place, any time. But now he's uncovered the one map he's always sought 1868 Honolulu, before Nix's mother died in childbirth. Nix's life her entire existence is at stake. No one knows what will happen if her father changes the past. It could erase Nix's future, her dreams, her adventures. her connection with the charming Persian thief, Kash, who's been part of their crew for two years. If Nix helps her father reunite with the love of his life, it will cost her her own.
- Horimiya : Hori-san and Miyamura-kun. 01, Hero, Daisuke Hagiwara ; [translation, Taylor Engel].
- A sweet 'aww'-inspiring tale of school life begins!! At school, Kyouko Hori is known for being smart, attractive, and popular. On the other hand, her classmate, the boring, gloomy Izumi Miyamura, tends to get painted as a 'loser fanboy.' But when a liberally pierced and tattooed (not to mention downright gorgeous) Miyamura appears unexpectedly on the doorstep of secretly plain-Jane homebody Hori, these two similarly dissimilar teenagers discover that there are multiple sides to every story and person!
- Horimiya : Hori-san and Miyamura-kun. 02, Hero, Daisuke Hagiwara ; [translation, Taylor Engel].
- The sweet, "aww"-inspiring tale of school life continues!! By all appearances, Kyouko Hori and Izumi Miyamura are worlds apart. Bright and capable, Hori is always surrounded by classmates, the center of attention. For Miyamura, a quirky loner, getting through class unnoticed counts as a good day. But ever since these two started sharing secrets, they've found themselves drawn into each other's orbit little by little and the distance between them shrinking bit by bit.
- The smell of other people's houses, Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock.
- Growing up in Alaska in the 1970s isn't like growing up anywhere else: Don't think life is going to be easy. Know your place.
And never talk about yourself. Four vivid voices tell intertwining stories of hardship, tragedy, wild luck, and salvation.
- A dark trade., Mary Hooper
- My hero academia. Vol. 1, Izuku Midoriya : origin, Kohei Horikoshi ; translation & English adaptation, Caleb Cook.
- What would the world be like if 80 percent of the population manifested
superpowers called "Quirks" at age four? Heroes and villains would be battling it out everywhere! Being a hero would mean learning to use your power, but where would you go to study? The Hero Academy of course! But what would you do if you were one of the 20 percent who were born Quirkless?
Middle school student Izuku Midoriya wants to be a hero more than anything, but he hasn't got an ounce of power in him. With no chance of ever getting into the prestigious U.A. High School for budding heroes, his life is looking more and more like a dead end. Then an encounter with All Might, the greatest hero of them all, gives him a chance to change his destiny.
- My hero academia. Vol. 2, Rage, you damned nerd, Kohei Horikoshi ; [translation & English adaptation, Caleb Cook].
- Getting into U.A. High School was difficult enough, but it was only the beginning of Midoriya's long road toward becoming a superhero. The new students all have amazing powers, and although Midoriya has inherited All Might's abilities, he can barely control them. What's more, the first-year students are told they will have to compete just to avoid being expelled!
- Almost midnight., C C Hunter
- The secrets of Solace, Jaleigh Johnson.
- Lina is training to become an archivist in Solace, but war threatens to upend her life. When a mysterious boy appears, Lina must decide whether or not to trust him and reveal a secret.
- Death or ice cream?, Gareth P Jones
- The leaving season, Cat Jordan.
- Middie Daniels is torn between the memory of her missing boyfriend, Nate, and Nate's brooding best friend Lee.
- Shades of darkness, A. R. Kahler.
- As she discovers the truth about her past, Kaira, a senior at a boarding school for aspiring musicians and artists, discovers that vengeful gods are threatening humanity.
- School-live! 1, story by Norimitsu Kaihou (Nitroplus) ; art by Sadoru Chiba ; [translation, Leighann Harvey].
- Yuki Takeya is just an average, bubbly girl who enjoys school activities with her friends and who also happens to be one of the sole survivors at her school after a zombie apocalypse.
- School-live! Volume 2, story by Norimitsu Kaihou (Nitroplus) ; art by Sadoru Chiba ; [translation, Leighann Harvey].
- The adventures of Yuki, Kurumi, and Rii-san continue as they navigate their daily lives at school of course, school's a little different now that civilization has apparently collapsed. When the girls find their food supply running low, Yuki suggests an excursion. But school trips are a little more complicated during the zombie apocalypse!
- The sidekicks., Will Kostakis
- Bleach. Volume 66, Sorry I am strong, story and art by Tite Kubo ; translation, Joe Yamazaki.
- Ichigo Kurosaki never asked for the ability to see ghosts he was born with the gift. When his family is attacked by a Hollow a malevolent lost soul Ichigo becomes a Soul Reaper, dedicating his life to protecting the innocent and helping the tortured spirits themselves find peace.
- Rebel, bully, geek, pariah, Erin Jade Lange.
- After a party gets raided by the police, four teenagers who barely know each other find themselves on the run in a car with a trunk full of stolen drugs and in the next few hours they will make decisions that will determine the course of the rest of their lives.
- Queen of the silver arrow., Caroline Lawrence
- This monstrous thing, Mackenzi Lee.
- When a talented mechanic in 1818 Geneva brings his brother back from the dead using clockwork parts, the citizens of Geneva think they may have inspired the recently published novel Frankenstein.
- Justice League United. Volume 2, The infinitus saga, written by Jeff Lemire ; pencils by Neil Edwards ; inks by Jay Leisten, Keith Champagne.
- The Infinitus Saga begins as the Legion of Super-Heroes arrive with the shocking news that the 31st century has been destroyed! Now it's up to the Justice League United to save the future! Complicating matters is the fact that Multi is a young innocent in the current time period, forcing the Justice League United to stand in the Legion's way!
- One fat summer., Robert Lipsyte
- Up from the sea, Leza Lowitz.
- A novel in verse about the March 2011 tsunami that sent Japan into chaos, told from the point-of-view of Kai, a biracial teenaged boy.
- Character, driven, David Lubar.
- In his last year of high school, seventeen-year-old virgin Cliff Sparks has to figure out what to do with his life, including how to meet new girl Jillian and how to deal with old issues with his unemployed father.
- Queen of shadows., Sarah J Mass
- Sword and verse, Kathy MacMillan.
- When Raisa, a slave since being kidnapped as a child, is chosen to become a tutor and learn a secret language, she is torn between her feelings for Prince Mati and her desire to help free her people.
- Mushoku tensei : jobless reincarnation. 1, art by Fujikawa Yuka ; story by Rifujin Na Magonote ; original character design by Shirotaka ; [translation, Jill Morita ; adaptation, Danielle King, Karis Page].
- Just when an unemployed thirty-four-year-old otaku decides that it's time to turn over a new leaf, he gets run over by a truck and dies! Shocklngly, he finds himself reborn into an infant's body. His new identity is Rudeus Grayrat. Follow Rudeus from infancy to adulthood, as he struggles to redeem himself in a wondrous yet dangerous world.
- Mushoku tensei : jobless reincarnation. 2, art by Fujikawa Yuka ; story by Rifujin Na Magonote ; original character design by Shirotaka ; [translation, Jill Morita ; adaptation, Karis Page].
- Just when an unemployed thirty-four-year-old otaku reaches a dead end in life and decides that it's time to turn over a new leaf-he gets run over by a truck and dies! Shockingly, he finds himself reborn into an infant's body in a strange, new world of swords and magic.
- Kiss kill vanish, Jessica Martinez.
- A teenage girl flees her opulent life in Miami when she witnesses her boyfriend commit a murder that was ordered by her father.
- How to raise a boring girlfriend. [1, original story, Fumiaki Maruto ; art, Takeshi Moriki ; character design, Kurehito Misaki ; translation, Kumar Sivasubramanian].
- En route to school one spring day, Tomoya Aki meets the girl of his dreams amid the dancing cherry blossom petals. But his bliss is soon crushed with the realization that the girl on the other end of his fateful encounter is none other than his boring, bland wallflower of a classmate! Now Tomoya, an aspiring video game developer, is on a mission: turn this dull damsel into the heroine of a dating sim or bust!
- Fairy tail. Blue mistral. 2, based on a story by Hiro Mashima ; manga by Rui Watanabe ; [translation, William Flanagan].
- Wendy Marvell is only 12 years old, but she's already a powerful wizard! At the Dragon Valley, Wendy successfully completed her first mission, saving Nanalu's townspeople with a little help from her Fairy Tail friends. On the way home, Wendy gets separated from Natsu and the crew and wanders into a castle terrorized by a monster and now she's trapped inside! But Wendy's an experienced dragon slayer wizard and a talented member of Fairy Tail. Everything will be okay right?
- Did I mention I love you?, Estelle Maskame
- Did I mention I need you?, Estelle Maskame
- My monster secret : actually I am. 1, story and art by Eiji Masuda ; [translation, Alethea and Athena Nibley ; adaptation, Lianne Sentar].
- High school student Kuromine Asahi is the kind of
guy who literally can't tell a lie. So what happens when he stumbles upon the most shocking secret of his life? Asahi learns that Shiragami Youko, a beautiful girl of few words, is actually a vampire.
- Marked, Laura Williams McCaffrey with illustrations by Sally Cantirino.
- Sixteen-year-old Lyla lives in a bleak, controlling society where only the brightest and most favored students succeed. When she is caught buying cheats in an underground shadow market, she is tattooed marked as a criminal. Then she is offered redemption and she jumps at the chance, but it comes at a high cost, and doing what is right means betraying the boy she has come to love.
- The #1 rule for girls., Rachel McIntyre
- Sword of clay, Eric McKee.
- "Things weren't going well for Raphael. His sword had shattered, and with it, his dreams of winning the most prestigious tournament in Basra. Now his pendant,
his one link to his dead parents and his past, is broken. Raphael had never suspected that behind the scenes, a long--hidden conspiracy is unfolding--one that threatens to tear the Island's five kingdoms apart. Now he must embark on a quest to discover the truth about his past, and in so doing, discover that he must face a task he was never prepared for--opposing the chaos that threatens his very world"--Back cover.
- The edge of lost, Kristina McMorris.
- On a cold night in October 1937, searchlights cut through the darkness around Alcatraz. A prison guard's only daughter one of the youngest civilians who lives on the island has gone missing. Tending the warden's greenhouse, convicted bank robber Tommy Capello waits anxiously. Only he knows the truth about the little girl's whereabouts, and that both of their lives depend on the search's outcome. Almost two decades earlier and thousands of miles away, a young boy named Shanley Keagan ekes out a living as an aspiring vaudevillian in Dublin pubs. Talented and shrewd, Shan dreams of shedding his dingy existence and finding his real father in America. The chance finally comes to cross the Atlantic, but when tragedy strikes, Shan must summon all his ingenuity to forge a new life in a volatile and foreign world. Skillfully weaving these two stories, Kristina McMorris delivers a compelling novel that moves from Ireland to New York to San Francisco Bay. As her finely crafted characters discover the true nature of loyalty, sacrifice, and betrayal, they are forced to confront the lies we tell and believe in order to survive.
- A tangle of gold., Jaclyn Moriarty
- Boot camp, Robert Muchamore.
- Jay, Summer, Dylan and their bands are headed for boot camp at uber-glamorous Rock War Manor. It's going to be six weeks of mates, music and non-
stop partying as they prepare for stardom. But the rock-star life of music festivals and glitzy premieres isn't all it's cracked up to be. Can the bands hold it together long enough to make it through the last stage of the competition, or will there be meltdown?
- Eagle day, Robert Muchamore.
- Late summer, 1940. Hitler has conquered France. Now he intends to cross the Channel and defeat Britain before winter arrives. A group of young refugees led by British spy Charles Henderson faces a stark choice. To head south into the safety of neutral Spain, or go north on a risky mission to sabotage the German invasion plans. For official purposes, these children do not exist.
- The keeper of the mist, Rachel Neumeier.
- When Keri is unexpectedly named the next ruler of Nimmera, she must guide the small, magical land through a perilous time.
- This song is (not) for you., Laura Nowlin
- The rule of mirrors, Caragh M. O'Brien.
- Rosie has escaped Forge School but finds herself trapped in the body of another girl.
- Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon? 1, original story Fujino Omori ; manga adaptation, Kunieda ; character design, Suzuhio Yasuda ; [translation, Andrew Gaippe].
- Bell Cranel is just trying to find his way in the world. Of course, in his case, the world is an enormous dungeon filled with monsters, below a city run by gods and goddesses who have way too much time on their hands. He's got big dreams but not much more when a roll on the random encounter table brings him face-to-face with the girl of his dreams but what's a beginning adventurer have to offer a brilliant swordswoman? And what if the lonely goddess who sponsors his solo adventuring gets jealous?
- Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon? 2, original story, Fujino Omori ; manga adaptation, Kuneida ; character design, Suzuhito Yasuda ; [translation, Andrew Gaippe].
- During the frenzied festival, Bell and Hestia find themselves in a tight spot thanks to the scheming of a shadowy someone working behind the scenes. When hijinks turn dangerous, will Bell manage to summon the strengh to protect those he cares about? And who's doing all this scheming anyway?
- Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon? 4, manga adaptation, Kunieda ; original story, Fujino Omori ; character design, Suzuhito Yasuda ; [translation, Andrew Gaippe].
- With the help of his supporter, Lilliluka, and with his keen desire to become stronger burning within him, Bell Cranell reaches level ten of the Dungeon. The monsters they discover in that foggy place are terrible hulking brutes orcs! Bell plunges into battle when something different attacks him from behind but what? Magic, betrayal, and the forging of new bonds, all in the fourth volume of this familia myth lived by the boy and chronicled by the goddess!
- Radio silence., Alice Osman
- Dorothy must die stories. Volume 2., D M Paige
- Behold the bones, Natalie C. Parker.
- Although Candy entered the swamp along with her friends, she does not see the ghosts like the others do and spends her time trying to uncover the truth about a new family that has moved into town.
- The Eyeless., Lance Parkin
- The Paris mysteries, James Patterson with Maxine Paetro.
- After investigating multiple homicides and her family's decades-old skeletons in the closet, Tandy Angel is finally reunited with her lost love in Paris. But as he grows increasingly distant, Tandy is confronted with disturbing questions about him, as well as what really happened to her long-dead sister.
- Where futures end, Parker Peevyhouse.
- Five interconnected stories that weave a subtle science-fictional web stretching out from the present into the future, presenting eerily plausible possibilities for social media, corporate sponsorship, and humanity, as our world collides with a mysterious alternate universe.
- Tainted bonds, Anne Plichota, Cendrine Wolf ; translated by Sue Rose.
- Die for me, Amy Plum.
- After their parents are killed in a car accident, sixteen-year-old Kate Mercier and her older sister Georgia, each grieving in her own way, move to Paris to live with their grandparents and Kate finds herself powerfully drawn to the handsome but elusive Vincent who seems to harbor a mysterious and dangerous secret.
- The shadow queen : a Ravenspire novel, C. J. Redwine.
- In this retelling of Snow White follows the adventures of Lorelai, an exiled princess who is being pursued by a magic-wielding prince serving as the personal huntsman for evil queen Irina, who has charged him with bringing her Lorelai's heart.
- Out of Sight : starting a band was just the beginning, Benedict Reid.
- Rob loves music, even though he's not musically talented. However, by managing a band and organising a charity gig, the Wellington teenager finds a way to follow his dreams and start an exciting career in the music industry. First person recount.
- When everything feels like the movies, Raziel Reid.
- Anne RiceSchool is just like a film set: there's The Crew, who make things happen, The Extras who fill the empty desks, and The Movie Stars, whom everyone wants tagged in their Facebook photos. But Jude doesn't fit in. He's not part of The Crew because he isn't about to do anything unless it's court-appointed; he's not an Extra because nothing about him is anonymous; and he's not a Movie Star because even though everyone
know his name like an A-lister, he isn't invited to the cool parties. As the director calls action, Jude is the flamer that lights the set on fire.Before everything turns to ashes from the resulting inferno, Jude drags his best friend Angela off the casting couch and into enough melodrama to incite the paparazzi, all while trying to fend off the haters and win the heart of his favourite co-star Luke Morris. It's a total train wreck! But train wrecks always make the front page.
- The secret language of sisters, Luanne Rice.
- Mathilda (Tilly), fourteen, and Ruth Anne (Roo), sixteen, are sisters and best friends in Connecticut, but when Roo crashes her car while texting she is confined to a hospital bed with "locked-in syndrome," aware of her surroundings, but apparently comatose and Tilly must find a way to communicate with her sister, while dealing with her own sense of guilt.
- The Resurrection Casket., Justin Richards
- Riders, Veronica Rossi.
- After regaining consciousness from a seemingly fatal accident, eighteen-year-old U.S. Army Ranger Gideon Blake discovers that he is War, one the legendary Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, and together with Conquest, Famine, and Death, must save humanity from an ancient evil.
- The Asylum novellas.,
- Calamity, Brandon Sanderson.
- David prepares for a confrontation against the High Epic to help his friend, Prof, achieve redemption and embrace his destiny.
- Doctor Who. The Ninth Doctor. Vol. 1, Weapons of past destruction, writer, Cavan Scott ; artist, Blair Shedd with Rachael Stott ; colorists, Blair Shedd and Anang Setyawan.
- Travelling with his beloved companion, Rose Tyler, the Doctor discovers a cache of weapons left behind after the Time War that destroyed his people. To his horror he finds they are being bought and sold on the black market! Worse, a new and mysterious force are policing time, making use of the power vacuum left by the Time Lords' disappearance to shape history to their own ends!
- Titans, Victoria Scott.
- Seventeen-year-old Astrid Sullivan belongs to a family of compulsive gamblers, and now that her father has been laid off from his job in Detroit and lost all their money betting on the Titans, which are half-horse, half car, and race around impossible tracks, her family is falling apart but when Astrid's new friends give her the chance to participate in this year's Titan races, she thinks she sees a way to win some money and keep her family together.
- Tokyo ESP. 1, Hajime Segawa ; [translation, Kumar Sivasubramanian].
- Rinka Urushiba's world is turned upside down when she wakes up one day after falling right through the floor.
Encouraged by another ESPer who believes that Rinka's destiny is to become a hero of justice, she soon learns to use her powers for good. And not a moment too soon, as those with less-than-admirable ambitions descend on Tokyo with their own sets of superpowers. As the mysterious glowing fish flitting through the city skies gift powers seemingly at random, foes become friends and alliances are made and broken. And what about that flying penguin?
- Tokyo ESP. 2, Hajime Segawa ; [translation, Kumar Sivasubramanian].
- The professor appears. Schools of flying, glowing fish, a flying penguin, now a flying hippo? As Murasaki wrestles with how to effectively use her newfound powers, Rinka and Kyotaro continue to train with the wise (and wicked) Youdani, who introduces a boy with a unique type of precognition, which is put to the test when he has to make a difficult decision when a conservative family member is threatened by supernatural powers. The enigmatic Professor, the ringleader of delinquent superhumans, appears with a tantalizing piece of the ESP puzzle and an invitation to the other side.
- Tokyo ESP. 3, Hajime Segawa ; [translation, Kumar Sivasubramanian].
- Rinka is targeted by The Professor's minions at school, with life-threatening consequences. Azuma wakes up,
alone, on a deserted island, too far to help anyone. After we get a glimpse of The Professor's past and the true nature of the stone that creates the glowing fish, the terrorist gang's hijacking of the Diet building (by sending it flying through the skies) further enrages the government, which has already created a detention center for everyone with ESP. The Professor's ultimate act will have long-lasting repercussions, as the trap he set closes in on himself.
- The demon prince of Momochi House. , story & art by Aya Shouoto ; [translation, JN Productions].
- Himari Momochi inherits Momochi House, an estate that exists on the barrier between
the human and spiritual realms. Aoi is the human Omamori-sama, or guardian of the house, who can transform into a powerful spiritual being. But once Momochi House had chosen Aoi as its protector, all evidence of his existence in the human world was erased, and he has never been able to leave.
Can Himari break Aoi free?
- The demon prince of Momochi House. , story & art by Aya Shouoto ; [translation, JN Productions].
- Himari Momochi inherits Momochi House, an estate that exists on the barrier between
the human and spiritual realms. Four friends come over to visit Himari, but Aoi can sense that one of them is no longer alive. This spirit is absorbing Momochi House's power and is quickly transforming into a demon. Will Himari be able to stop its progression and save her friends?
- Firstlife., Gina Showalter
- Alive., Scott Sigler
- All wrapped up, Holly Smale.
- Harriet Manners knows a lot about Christmas. She knows that every year Santa climbs down 91.8 million chimneys. She knows that Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer was almost definitely a girl. She knows that the first artificial Christmas trees were made out of goose feathers. But this Christmas is extra special for Harriet, because four days ago she had her First Ever Kiss. Now she just needs to work out what's supposed to happen next.
- [Superman]. Earth One, , written by J. Michael Straczynski ; pencils by Ardian Syaf ; inks by Sandra Hope ; colors by Barbara Ciardo ; lettered by Rob Leigh.
- Superman, Earth 1,
Volume 3 follows a young Clark Kent as he continues his journey toward becoming the World's Greatest Super Hero. After defeating villains terrestrial and beyond, Superman faces a threat that he can't simply outmuscle. A threat smarter, more cunning and deadly than he can imagine: the Luthors!
- The bitter side of sweet, Tara Sullivan.
- They only wanted to make some money during the dry season to help their impoverished family; instead they were tricked into forced labour on a plantation in the Ivory Coast. For two years what has mattered are the number of cacao pods Amadou and his younger brother, Seydou, can chop down in a day. Then Khadija comes, the first girl who has ever come to camp, and she's a wild thing. She fights, but the bosses break her. Now the three band together as family and try just once more to escape.
- Batman and Robin. Volume 7, Robin rises, writer, Peter J. Tomasi ; pencillers, Patrick Gleason [and 3 others] ; inkers, Mick Gray [and 5 others] ; colorists, John Kalisz [and 3 others] ; letterers, Carlos
M. Mangual [and 3 others].
- It all ends here! After his son Robin's body is stolen by alien hordes, Batman finds himself on the deadly planet of Apokolips home planet of the murderous despot Darkseid! Aided by his allies Red Hood, Batgirl and Red Robin, Bruce Wayne pushes must face down the most powerful villains in the universe to recover his son's coffin a son who he'd do anything to bring back. But on a hellish planet light years from Earth, has that wish come true? Has Robin risen?
- Monthly girls' Nozaki-kun. 1, Izumi Tsubaki ; [translation, Leighann Harvey].
- To the eyes of classmate Chiyo Sakura, high school student Umetarou Nozaki--brawny of build and brusque of tongue is a dreamboat! When Chiyo finally works up the courage to tell Nozaki how she feels about him, she knows rejection is on the table but getting recruited as a mangaka's assistant?! Never in a million years! As Chiyo quickly discovers, Nozaki-kun, the boy of Chiyo's dreams, is a manga artist a hugely popular shoujo manga artist, that is! But for someone who makes a living drawing sweet girly romances, Nozaki-kun is a little slow on the uptake when it comes to matters of the heart in reality. And so Chiyo's daily life of manga making and heartache begins!
- Monthly girls' Nozaki-kun. 2, Izumi Tsubaki ; [translation, Leighann Harvey].
- It's Nozaki-kun's job to create characters, but he doesn't have to look very far for inspiration!
- The girl who raced Fairyland all the way home, Catherynne M. Valente ; [illustrations, Ana Juan].
- Quite by accident, September has been crowned as Queen of Fairyland but she inherits a Kingdom in chaos. The magic of a Dodo's egg has brought every King, Queen, or Marquess of Fairyland back to life, each with a fair and good claim on the throne, each with their own schemes and plots and horrible, hilarious, hungry histories. In order to make sense of it all, and to save their friend from a job she doesn't want, A-Through-L and Saturday devise a Royal Race, a Monarckical Marathon, in which every outlandish would-be ruler of Fairyland will chase the Stoat of Arms across the whole of the nation and the first to seize the poor beast will seize the crown. Caught up in the madness are the changelings Hawthorn and Tamburlaine, the combat wombat Blunderbuss, the gramophone Scratch, the Green Wind, and September's parents, who have crossed the universe to find their daughter.
- Neil Gaiman's Mr. Hero, the Newmatic Man : [the complete comics. Volume one], James Vance, writer ; Ted Slampyak, penciler.
- From the mind of New York Times Best-selling author and Eisner Award-winning author Neil Gaiman, comes Mr. Hero! Created by the villainous Henry Phage (aka Teknophage) as a sleeper agent, steampunk robot Mr. Hero is the toast of the late 19th century carnival scene. But when an accident during a boxing match causes him to seriously harm a patron, he's boxed up and forgotten. Rediscovered 100 years later by a young street magician, Mr. Hero struggles to overcome his original programming and become the hero his new friend (and the world) needs. This new volume (the first of a two-volume set) will collect all of the classic Mr. Hero comics for the first time anywhere.
- The devil is a part-timer! High school! 1, art, Kurone Mishima ; orginal story, Satoshi Wagahara ; character design, 029 (Oniku) ; [translation Kevin Gifford].
- In this spin-off of the popular novel series, the devil king Satan and hero Emilia are reincarnated after their terrible battle as high school students in modern-day Japan! Add in the innocent Chiho, a fellow student with a crush on the former lord of darkness, and you've got a romantic comedy of epic proportions!
- The devil is a part-timer! High school! 2, art, Kurone Mishima ; orginal story, Satoshi Wagahara ; character design, 029 (Oniku) ; [translation Kevin Gifford].
- Maou (aka the Devil King) and Emi (aka Emilia the Hero) have arrived from another world and now they're in high school. Things are crazy enough already with classmate Chiho's ongoing crush on Maou, but are these kids going to be ready when a little girl shows up on Maou's doorstep and calls him 'papa'?
- The devil is a part-timer! High school! 3, art, Kurone Mishima ; original story, Satoshi Wagahara ; character design, 029 (Oniku) ; [translation, Kevin Gifford].
- Maou (aka the Devil King)
and Emi (aka Emilia the Hero) are high school students in modern Japan. Sparks fly as they each decide to run for student council president.
- Shallow graves, Kali Wallace.
- After waking in a shallow grave, Breezy, a high school senior, crosses the country seeking answers about her death and resurrection, discovering along the way a host of supernatural creatures, as well as a human cult determined to "free" them at any cost.
- Thanks for the trouble, Tommy Wallach.
- Parker hasn't spoken since he watched his father die five years ago. He communicates through writing on slips of paper and keeps track of his thoughts by journaling. A loner, Parker has little interest in school, his classmates, or his future. But everything changes when he meets Zelda, a mysterious young woman with an unusual request: 'treat me like a teenager'.
- Yowamushi pedal. 1, Wataru Watanabe ; [translation, Su Mon Han].
- Team Sohoku races their hearts out in the name of guts and glory in the inspiring original manga series behind the cycling anime smash hit, Yowamushi Pedal!
- Crongton Knights., Alex Wheatle
- The 5th wave, Rick Yancey.
- Cassie Sullivan, the survivor of an alien invasion, must rescue her young brother from the enemy with help from a boy who may be one of them.
- The rising of the Shield Hero. 2, Aneko Yusagi.
- Naofumi Iwatani continues his adventures in this second volume. But his task is not yet complete and obstacles mount as the increasingly ominous waves of destruction approach. He finds a new friend and new powerful abilities that may prove to be too dangerous for the companionship. Will Naofumi live up to his role as the Shield Hero and save the world from its prophesized destruction? Or will his dark side consume him?
- The serpent king : a novel, Jeff Zentner.
- The son of a Pentecostal preacher faces his personal demons as he and his two outcast friends try to make it through their senior year of high school in rural Forrestville, Tennessee without letting the small-town culture destroy their creative spirits and sense of self.
- The V-word : true stories about first-time sex, [compiled by] Amber J. Keyser.
- A collection of essays by women about losing their virginity in their teens, which captures the complexity of this important life-decision and reflects diverse real-world experiences.
- Hellboy. , The wild hunt, story by Mike Mignola ; art by Duncan Fegredo ; colored by Dave Stewart ; lettered by Clem Robins.
- "When ancient giants begin to reawaken in the British Isles, Hellboy is invited to join an ancient band of fellow monster hunters called the Wild Hunt and help bring them down. But an unexpected betrayal sends Hellboy after a quarry far more deadly: the Queen of Blood, first seen in 2007's best-selling Hellboy: Darkness Calls. This newly reborn evil has her murderous sights set on all of humanity, and the only way Hellboy can stop her is to finally confront the truth about his own dark heritage."
- One piece. Vol. 1, Romance dawn, story and art by Eiichiro Oda.
- One piece. Vol. 16, Carrying on his will, story and art by Eiichiro Oda ; [English adaptation, Lance Caselman ; translation, JN Productions].
- One Piece. Vol. 21, Utopia, story and art by Eiichiro Oda ; English adaptation by Lance Caselman ; translation by JN Productions.
- The Straw Hats are keeping the Officer Agents preoccupied while Vivi makes her way to the palace. Sanji's got his hands full with Mr. 2 Bon Clay while Zolo battles mano a mano with Mr 1 - or rather sword to sword body in this case! That leaves Nami on her own with Ms Doublefinger - a prickly predicament with only her wits and Usopp's special weapon to depend on. Can the Straw Hats prevail against the best of the Baroque Works?!.
- One piece. Vol. 24, People's dreams, story and art by Eiichiro Oda ; english adaption, Lance Caselman ; translation, JN Productions.
- When life gives you lemons : a resource for young people dealing with depression & anxiety, Celia Painter & Abbie Krieble.
- Explores depression and anxiety in young people, and possible strategies for dealing with these.
- All better now : a memoir, Emily Wing Smith.
- I ask myself: how am I living still? And how I ask it depends on the day. All her life, Emily has felt different from other kids. Between therapist
visits, sudden uncontrollable bursts of anger, and unexplained episodes of dizziness and loss of coordination, things have always felt not right. For years, her only escape was through the stories she'd craft about herself and the world around her. But it isn't until a near-fatal accident when she's twelve years old that Emily and her family discover the truth: a grapefruit sized benign brain tumor at the base of her skull. In turns candid, angry, and beautiful, Emily Wing Smith's captivating memoir chronicles her struggles with both mental and physical disabilities during her childhood, the devastating accident that may have saved her life, and the means by which she coped with it all: writing.