Roadworks effects on Central Library Peterborough access
Because of ongoing work to install new manholes and the main sewer in Peterborough Street, the car park at Central Peterborough Library can only be accessed from an easterly direction (i.e Colombo Street). Pedestrian and cycle access from the west (Durham Street) is unaffected.
Linwood Library at Eastgate open on Sundays
Linwood Library at Eastgate is now open on Sundays from 10am to 4pm.
Central Library Manchester opened
Central Library Manchester opened on Monday 20 January 2014. It replaces Central Library Tuam.
Find out about:
Store is open and most Store items are now available.
- While libraries are closed, items in those collections are not available to be borrowed.
- Items which are unavailable should now have their status in catalogue records as
Currently inaccessible. The only exception to this is stock held at ‘LRS’. Unfortunately we are unable to change the status of this stock from
Currently inaccessible. In time this stock will become available once more.
- Holds may be placed on items held at closed libraries and will be delivered to you when the item becomes available. Your hold will not expire, but may not be delivered for some time.
- Please contact us if you have questions.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
Buildings and facilities
- Central Library Peterborough
- Central Library Manchester
- Diamond Harbour
- Little River
- Linwood at Eastgate
- New Brighton
- Upper Riccarton
The following Christchurch City Libraries are closed until further notice.
The site of the Central Library in Gloucester Street has been acquired by the government for the new Christchurch Convention centre. The Central Library building will be demolished.
A new Central Library will be built on the corner of Gloucester and Colombo Street on the edge of the Cathedral Square.
Temporary library Central Library Peterborough is open.
Central Library Tuam closed on Friday 1 November 2013. It has been replaced by Central Library Manchester.
Significant damage to the library building. On Monday 29 October 2012, work began on removing stock and equipment.
On Friday 7 December 2012, the Christchurch City Council approved demolition of earthquake-damaged Sumner Library and South Brighton Community Centre. Read the information on the Christchurch City Council agenda and the media release.
- Manchester St Library opens Nicole Mathewson. The Press. Monday 20 January 2014
- Central Library Manchester opens Friday 17 January 2014
- Library clients turn to e-books Lois Cairns. The Press. Monday 13 January 2014