Papanui Library / Te Kete Wānanga o Papanui
- 35 Langdons Road
(cnr Langdons Rd & Restell St)
- Christchurch 8053
- workph: +64 3 941 7923
- urlwww: christchurchcitylibraries.com/Papanui/
Papanui Library closure July and August 2014
Papanui Library will be closed in stages over the next few weeks while a new air conditioning system is installed.
The library is fully closed from Thursday 17 July to Thursday 28 August 2014. There will be no toilet facilities, and no Babytime or Storytime sessions.
The facility’s Customer Service Desk and Board Room will remain open throughout, offering wider Christchurch City Council services and a meeting space.
Items from Papanui Library can be returned to any library in the Christchurch City Libraries network. Papanui's after hours return facility will be cleared each week day, Monday to Friday. The nearest large library is Fendalton Library on the corner of Clyde Road and Jeffreys Road. Reserved items will be made available at Fendalton Library unless otherwise requested.
Read the full media release and FAQ.
- Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Parking behind the library with disabled access
- Bikestands at the front of library
- Services available at all Christchurch City Libraries
- World languages collection books in Chinese, Japanese and Korean. Some children’s material is available in these languages
- Book a librarian one on one sessions
- 12 public computers with free internet access (11 with 30 minute time limit for sessions; 1 with 15 minute time limit)
- Free wireless internet access
- Printing and photocopying
- Scan to USB
- Events & classes - see calendar below
- Christchurch City Libraries' events calendar
Take a tour around the library
Events & classes
Te Kete Wānanga o Papanui
Listen to our Māori name [60Kb MP3]
Get Flash to see this player.