Advertising & Design Images
- over 7,000 advertisements printed in U.S. and Canadian newspapers and magazines between 1911 and 1955. Covering five categories - Beauty and Hygiene, Radio, Television, Transportation, and World War II - Ad*Access provides a coherent view of a number of major campaigns and companies preserved at Duke University. Brief histories of the industries and timelines of world and national events help put the ads in the context of their times.
- Emergence of Advertising in America: 1850-1920
- Over 9,000 advertising items and publications dating from 1850 to 1920, illustrating the rise of consumer culture, and the birth of a professionalized advertising industry in the United States. The project organizes the materials into eleven categories, including advertising cookbooks, early Lux ads, J. Walter Thompson Company "house ads" and tobacco promotions.
- Visual Arts Data Service - high quality images for use in education
- The gateway to over 100,000 high quality digital images free for use in education