Books and Literature Festivals and Events
- The Age Melbourne Writers' Festival
- Auckland Writers and Readers Festival
- Bath Literature Festival
- Brisbane Writers' Festival
- Edinburgh International Book Festival
- An energising and inspiring literary festival, right in the heart of Edinburgh: hundreds of author interviews, debates and workshops for all ages. Held each August.
- Going West Books and Writers Festival
- The Going West Books and Writers Festival comprises an exciting range of word-based events including the theatre season, poetry slam, rare and second-hand book market, writers in schools programme, the literary weekend - bringing together writers and performers from around the country. The Festival runs from mid-August to mid-September.
- Hay Festival - Hay-On-Wye
- Long running literary festival in the town of Hay-on-Wye in Wales.
- Hay Festival Cartagena de Indias
- Literary festival held in Cartagena, Colombia in late January each year.
- Hay Festival of Literature & the Arts
- A collection of literary festivals in Cartegena, Bogata and the original one in Hay-on-Wye in Wales.
- Hay Festival Segovia
- Cultural festival which includes literature, visual arts, music, promotion of reading and teaching English through contemporary British literature.
- National Poetry Day
- National day celebrating poetry with events, readings and competitions. Usually on a Friday in August.
- The Press Christchurch Writers' Festival
- Regular literary festival in Christchurch.
- Sydney Writers Festival
- Writers Week
- Held in association with New Zealand International Festival. Next in 2014.