- Browse New Zealand Books
- Christchurch City Libraries' landing page for New Zealand books.
- Wheelers eBooks
- Access a free eBook service of fiction and non fiction titles. The collection focuses on New Zealand titles.
Access this with your library card number and password / PIN. Currently available outside libraries only.
- A booklover's guide to New Zealand
- Region by region information about writers, literary locations and quotes. Includes literary map of New Zealand
- Book clubs and reading groups
- Our page on book clubs and reading groups at Christchurch City Libraries.
- Book Discussion Scheme
- Book Discussion Scheme (BDS) is a non-profit and the only nationwide book group specialist in NZ. It promotes reading and discussion by lending a huge range of non-fiction & fiction books (with discussion notes) to self-directed groups.
- Book Groups
- Information from the New Zealand Book Council
- Book Publishers Association of New Zealand (BPANZ)
- BPANZ is the trade association of book publishers and distributors in New Zealand and represents the interests of the industry to government and other agencies. Serves as a professional organisation, providing a range of services including training.
- Catalyst Christchurch
- Catalyst is a literary journal that publishes poetry, prose, fiction, experimental works, song lyrics, script/screenplay excerpts, as well as visual art and spoken word. It is produced by Neoismist Press in Lyttelton. It runs a Poetry Open Mic every month.
- Christchurch School for Young Writers Christchurch
- Creative writing courses for children aged 8-18. Our aim is to teach young people to have responsive and investigative minds as well as power and pride in the use of written language skills
- Early New Zealand Books Project
- Aims to provide the keyword-searchable text of significant books published about New Zealand in the nineteenth century.
- English @ Studyit: for NCEA students
- Studyit is an online learning environment for NCEA english students.
- Freelance writers marketplace
- New Zealand run site for freelance writers and market place for work. List your name and profile or post a freelance job.
- International Institute of Modern Letters Te Pūtahi Tuhi Auaha o Te Ao
- The International Institute of Modern Letters (IIML) hosts Victoria's Creative Writing programme, offering both undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- Literature in New Zealand 1930-1960
- Explore the context of the flowering of New Zealand literature. From nzhistory.net
- New Zealand Electronic Text Collection
- Search and browse an open digital library of New Zealand and Pacific Island documentary heritage material as well as new born-digital work and research from Victoria University. The collection contains over 1400 texts in ePub and PDF formats and will continue to grow.
- New Zealand Guild of Storytellers
- The objectives of the Guild include preserving and practising, promoting and enjoying the ancient art of storytelling. The Guild provides current information on storytelling events and visiting storytellers and news about happenings with New Zealand storytellers.
- New Zealand Listener Book Club
- The Listener runs an online book club in conjunction with Booksellers New Zealand. Includes newsletters and competitions.
- New Zealand Woman's Weekly Book Club
- Includes competitions, reviews and author interviews.