- Find My Past
- Find family history and genealogy information for the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the United States, Papua New Guinea and the Pacific Islands all in one place.
Access this at any of our libraries. Limited to twelve users at any one time.
- ACT Births, Deaths & Marriages
- The AIF Project - Australian ANZACs in the Great War
- The AIF Project is a research and information activity at The University of New South Wales at the Australian Defence Force Academy, Canberra. The project has developed a database that records information on the more than 330,000 men and women who embarked from Australia for service overseas in the (First) Australian Imperial Force, 1914-1918.
- The Argus Index
- An online index to The Argus newspaper for the decade 1870-1879. The Argus, the major Australian metropolitan daily of its time, was published in Melbourne from 1846 to 1957. It is the primary resource for data on 19th century Australia. The 1870-1879 index is part of La Trobe University's Argus Index Project and the first available in this form. Others will go online as they are completed.
- Australasia Births Deaths and Marriages Exchange
- A website created to provide genealogists with a place to exchange Births Deaths and Marriages information. Created by Leigh Hutton and the International Internet Genealogical Society
- Australasian Federation of Family History Organisations (AFFHO)
- The Australasian Federation of Family History Organisations Inc. (AFFHO) is the umbrella organisation for family history societies in the region. AFFHO was established in 1978 to coordinate and assist the work of Australian and New Zealand groups with interests in family history, genealogy, heraldry and related subjects.
- Australian Government
- Births, deaths and marriages registries from across Australia
- Australian War Memorial's Family History Collections
- The Australian War Memorial's collections contain a wealth of material relating to the military service of individuals. Useful if you are trying to track down information about relatives who served in any of the conflicts that Australia has been involved in since the 1860s.
- Convicts to Australia
- A Guide to Researching Your Convict Ancestors
- FamilySearch.org - Pacific, Australia & New Zealand
- Search for Australia or NewZealand records - births, deaths and marriages, probate court, migration and naturalisation, masonic lodge registers and more.
- Genealogy Centre of the State Library of Victoria Melbourne
- houses records for Australian and overseas research and is the starting point for family history research
- New South Wales Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages
- A useful source for the births, deaths and marriages registered in New South Wales between 1788 and 1945. Contains a searchable index.
- Northern Territory Births, Deaths & Marriages
- Public Record Office of Victoria
- Public Record Office Victoria holds records created by Victorian government departments and authorities, the State’s courts, municipalities, schools, public hospitals and other public offices.
There are many rich sources for family or local history that you can find through Public Record Office Victoria. PROV holds records such as wills and probate, inquests, records about education, immigration, land, homes, and court proceedings. Victorian government departments and institutions have created records about individuals, communities, regions, towns and cities.
You can discover more about the places and people of Victoria through maps, plans, correspondence, photographs, registers, files, rate books, and lots of other types of State archives
- Public Record Office Victoria Melbourne
- Holds records created by Victorian Government departments and authorities including the State's courts, local councils, schools, public hospitals and other public offices.
- Queensland Births, Deaths, Marriages & Divorces
- Society of Australian Genealogists
- South Australia Births, Deaths & Marriages
- Tasmania Births, Deaths & Marriages
- Digitised Australian historic books, images, historic newspapers, maps, music, archives and more
- Victorian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages Melbourne
- The Registry holds the original records of all births, deaths, and marriages registered in Victoria.
- Web Sites for Genealogists
- An Australian gateway site for tracing your family history by Cora Num
- Western Australia Births, Deaths & Marriages
- World War Two Nominal Roll
- An online database of the Australian nominal rolls for World War II.