- Ballymoney Ancestry
- From the Ballymoney Borough Council, Northern Ireland. Allows you to conduct free searches over a database of Ballymoney families.
- Census of Ireland 1901/1911
- Contains the household returns and ancillary records for the censuses of Ireland of 1901 and 1911. All thirty-two counties are there. Can be searched by religion, occupation, relationship to head of family, literacy status, county or country of origin, Irish language proficiency, specified illnesses, and child survival information.
- Directory of Irish Genealogy
- From the Centre for Irish Genealogical and Historical Studies. Provides a detailed overview of beginning to trace your Irish ancestors.
- Family history research in the National Library
- Introduction to sources and services.
- Geneology at National Archives of Ireland
- Provides a detailed look at the genealogical resources of the National Archives of Ireland and provides contact details for private researchers and county-based genealogical centres.
- The General Register Office An tSeirbhís um Chlárú Sibhialta
- The central civil repository for records relating to Births, Deaths and Marriages in the Republic of Ireland. It is concerned with civil registration matters only, and does not engage in Genealogical/Family History research.
- GENUKI - UK & Ireland Genealogy
- The aim of GENUKI is to serve as a "virtual reference library" of genealogical information that is of particular relevance to the UK & Ireland. It is a noncommercial site, provided by volunteers in cooperation with the Federation of Family History Societies and a number of its member societies.
- Irish Genealogy Online
- IrishGen is an Irish-based portal site for Irish genealogy, ancestry, heritage or roots. It includes web message boards, forums and newsletters to communicate with other genealogists from around the world.
- National Archives of Ireland An Chartlann Náisiúnta Éire
- The National Archives holds the records of the modern Irish state which document its historical evolution and the creation of its national identity
- Your Irish Roots
- This is a commercial site based in the US which provides Coats of Arms and other resources to purchase. They also provide a wealth of free information though - such as guides on tracing your Irish genealogy, and overview of Irish history, and an Irish surnames search.