United States of America
- Ancestry.com Library Edition
- A wide variety of content to help trace your family history. Includes records from United States, United Kingdom and Ireland.
Access this at any of our libraries.
- American Battle Monuments Commission
- The American Battle Monuments Commission (ABMC) was established by Congress in 1923 to commemorate the service, sacrifice and achievements of U.S. Armed Forces where they have served overseas since 1917, and within the U.S. when directed by public law.
- Ellis Island Foundation
- From 1892 to 1954 12 million immigrants entered the US through. the Ellis Island immigration center. This site provides a history of the immigration centre and a search facility for passenger records.
- Family Search
- From the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Search several large family history indexes separately or combine searches across more than one index into one global search. There are tips for novice researchers and contact details for Family History Centres worldwide.
- Genealogical Resources at the National Archives
- Read about the records you may search online and about the many more records available by visiting the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
- Genealogy Notes
- From the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) who hold much of use to family historians - including census, immigration, military and social security records. Part of Prologue magazine.
- Library of Congress - Local History & Genealogy Reading Room
- A guide to searching the genealogy records at the Library of Congress - including the research service they can provide from their resources.
- National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
- An independent federal agency preserving US history by conserving documents, motion picture film, maps, charts, architectural drawings, sound and video recordings, aerial photographs, pictures, posters, and computer data sets. Provides the American public with access to the actions of federal officials.
- New York Public Library Milstein Division Irma and Paul Milstein Division of United States' History, Local History and Genealogy
- The site of the Milstein Division of the NYPL which collects materials documenting American History on the national, state and local level, Genealogy, Heraldry, Personal and Family Names, and Flags.
- Prologue magazine brings readers stories based on the rich holdings and programs of NARA, the regional archives, and the presidential libraries from across the nation. Published quarterly by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), Prologue has been in publication over 35 years.
- The US GenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Project is a major American genealogy site. The information is posted by volunteer genealogists and is arranged by state and then county. The USGenWeb Archives Project offers transcribed documents online, including census, church and pension records. All facilities are free to search.