Cemeteries and Cemetery Records
- Christchurch City Council Cemeteries
- Information about historic cemeteries, including the cemeteries on Banks Peninsula administered by the Christchurch City Council. Also information about genealogical searches.
- Ex-Service Memorials and Cemeteries
- Unlike many other countries, New Zealand has specifically designated areas within public cemeteries, as well as stand-alone individual cemeteries, for the interment of veterans, irrespective of whether death was due to service or to natural causes. These are called Services Cemeteries and there are now 178 of these throughout New Zealand. Information from Veterans' Affairs New Zealand
- Friends of Bolton Street Memorial Park Wellington
- Bolton Street Memorial Park, previously known as the Bolton Street Cemetery, in central Wellington contains the city's original burial ground. This searchable database lists 8,500 people known to be buried there.
- The Friends of Linwood Cemetery Christchurch
- A charitable trust established to conserve and maintain the heritage of the Linwood Cemetery for future generations.
- Kiwi Celts New Zealand Cemeteries
- The New Zealand Cemetery database contains all known cemeteries in New Zealand as well as all of the CWGC administered cemeteries worldwide with New Zealand Service graves. It includes cemeteries administered by councils, churches and trusts and others such as private and historical cemeteries, Maori Urupas and lone graves. The aim is to assist in finding the location of the cemetery on the map, the address and ownership / administration of the site and links to relevant web sites with additional information.
- Local Government Online - Cemeteries
- Lists Council web pages containing burial data. Many of these pages allow searching. 39 of the 73 Councils which adminster cemeteries have webpages containing cemeteries data. Several more are working to place their cemeteries information online.
- Locating burials
- This guide by our Aotearoa New Zealand Centre aims to help researchers find out where an individual has been buried.
- New Zealand History online guide to more than 700 memorials around New Zealand. Includes photographs and history. Searchable by region.
- NZ Cemeteries Online
- A personal site listing cemetery transcripts and/or cemetery information. Not comprehensive.
- War graves and memorials in New Zealand
- Memorial to the casualties of WW1 & WW2 who are commemorated in New Zealand. It includes web links, photographs and service details of those remembered.