- Auckland street names
- Auckland City Libraries' database Auckland City Street Names thus attempts to present verified information as to the origins of names, dates of formation, and any name changes for all streets within the boundaries of the Auckland City Council. All Auckland City Council area street names are included in the Auckland City Street Names index. Older streets in Mangere, Manurewa, North Shore, Papatoetoe or Waitakere, are listed in seperate databases.
- A Brief History of Auckland Auckland
- A Brief History of Auckland City written by Graham Bush. Covering the period 1840 to 1998, this history also includes a selected Auckland City chronology, a list of Mayors and statistics for City and Metropolitan population.
- The Daily Grind: Wellington Cafe Culture 1920-2000
- The rise of Wellington's coffee scene. Produced by the Masters in Public History students, Victoria University of Wellington). From nzhistory.net
- Historic Auckland
- The website of the Auckland Branch of the New Zealand Historic Places Trust, Pouhere Taonga.
- Horowhenua Historical Database
- Manukau's journey - a Manukau timeline
- Manukau's journey - a Manukau timeline is a selection of significant and representative events from the history of Manukau City and adjoining areas.
- Streets database Auckland
- Auckland Museum has undertaken an ambitious task to record all Auckland streets, along with the hundred or so new Auckland streets created each year. They are recording the location of each, along with background information such as when the street was established, how it got its name, who lived there and what buildings or other features and event are connected with it. Where possible we are adding relevant images from the Museum's pictorial and other collections, and have references to sources in the Museum Library or other institutions.
- Wellington Local History database
- Index of newspaper articles, dating back to the 1940s when the clipping and indexing of local newspapers first began at the Libraries. It covers a vast number of topics relating to the history and development of Wellington City and the surrounding region.