- 1981 Shooting Back
- Brief article about the 1981 Springbok tour. Includes footage from Patu! - the Springbok rugby tour documentary. From the New Zealand Film archive.
- The 1981 Springbok Tour
- For 56 days in July, August and September 1981, New Zealanders were divided against each other in the largest civil disturbance seen since the 1951 Waterfront Dispute. This feature includes an overview of All Black-South African rugby tradition and the part played by politics and sport, an analysis of the reasons why the tour was so disruptive and a 'tour diary' of key events. From nzhistory.net
- 1981 Springbok tour Media Gallery
- Includes images and movies from the 1981 Springbok tour and earlier events.
- History of Lancaster Park (Jade Stadium)
- The New Zealand Natives' rugby tour of 1888/89
- The story of the first New Zealand representative sports team to tour Britain, and the context in which they lived and played rugby. From nzhistory.net
- The Olympics
- New Zealand's Olympians - almost 1000 of them - have produced plenty of memorable moments over the years, but the Games have also been marred by boycotts, controversy and tragedy. From nzhistory.net
- Poster Collection: 1981 Springbok Tour
- A selection of protest posters from the 1981 Springbok Tour
- Sport in New Zealand 1930-1960
- This period saw an increase in mass participation in sport, the consolidation of many national competitions, and greater achievement at international level.