Women's suffrage and rights
- New Zealand Women and the Vote: Suffrage and Beyond
- A history of the suffragist movement in New Zealand, the first country in the world to grant women the vote in 1893.
- Votes for women - 19 September 1893
- Post from Christchurch City Libraries.
- Women's suffrage
- Information from the National Archives which hold the original copies of the petition. The first page can be viewed digitally.
- Women's Suffrage Petition Database
- This database is a digitised version of the main suffrage petition submitted to Parliament in 1893. The name and address fields represent what appeared on the original sheets. The Suburb/Town and City/Region fields have been added to provide consistent information about the signatories location.