Earthquakes and Tsunamis
- Canterbury earthquakes 2010 2011 kete
- A place where you can share your stories, photos, memories of the earthquake and the aftermath.
- Donate your earthquake story
- Christchurch City Libraries is collecting earthquake stories.
- Earthquake Commission
- Responsible for providing insurance of residential property against loss or damage caused by earthquake, volcanic eruption, hydrothermal activity, tsunamis and natural landslips; administering the Natural Disaster Fund; and facilitating research and education about natural disaster damage and its mitigation.
- Learn how to be prepared for an earthquake or any of the other natural disasters the Earthquake Commission covers.
- Geology Department
- At Otago University
- Monitoring geological hazards (earthquake, volcano, landslide and tsunami) in New Zealand.
- GNS Earthquake information
- From the Institute of Geological & Nuclear Sciences.
- Hazard Watch
- weekly reviews of natural hazard events reported in New Zealand. Hazard Watch is a service of the Institute of Geological & Nuclear Sciences (GNS). Latest volcanoes, Volcanic alert bulletins
- Institute of Geological and Nuclear Sciences Limited
- Crown Research Institute responsible for earth and nuclear scientific research and consultancy services in New Zealand.
- Ministry of Civil Defence and Emergency Management
- Leading the way in making New Zealand and its communities resilient to hazards and disasters
- Information from the Ministry of Civil Defence and Emergency Management