Using the library — our services
- How to join the library for free and conditions of membership.
- Your library card
- How to use your library card.
- Password / PIN
- How to get a password or PIN for your library card and use it to place holds and access the Source and your account.
- My account
- Learn how to find out your account information such as what you have out, holds and fines.
- Pharos account
- Your Pharos account allows you to book PCs and pay for printing, internet access and other library services.
Top up your Metrocard
Find an item in the library
- Our collections
- Quick guide to the Dewey Decimal System
- Locating our libraries
- Borrowing items
- Request an item for purchase
- Our database of local clubs, organisations and courses.
- Use library computers to access our databases, email and the internet, and use Office applications or bring your laptop and use our WiFi service.
- The Source
- Search the full text of thousands of magazines, reference books, encyclopedias and more, get audiobooks, eBooks, music and video online.
- Printing and photocopying
- Printing and photocopying is available at most libraries.
- Our web site
- We also have games, Sky TV and other technologies.
Need more help?
- Bindery services and book repairs
- Customer Code of Conduct
- Doing research in the library
- Get help from our telephone service
- Get help on the Internet: use either our enquiry form or our LiveOnline service
- Want an item that we don’t have? — request an item for purchase or interloan
- Learning at the library
- Book a librarian
- Tours and classes for groups
- Ordering photographs from our digital collection