All internet access is governed by our Internet Use Policy.
All library computers are free to use and have a range of productivity software installed. The Mobile Libraries do not have public access computers.
- PCs are available on a first-come first-served basis. If all computers are in use an automated queueing system operates.
- Some libraries offer 15-minute express machines.
Our PCs run a wide range of software including Office applications, various image, audio and video editing and viewing software and much more. You can save your work to USB, CD ROM, memory cards or floppy disc (not all PCs have all options).
Family history computers
Family History computers bring together links to free online resources, subscription online resources available via The Source and CD-ROM databases - all on one easy-to-use menu. They are reserved for the use of family history researchers only.
Our printers allow customers to make a scanned copy of a document direct to a USB drive. Little River Library does not offer scanning.
There is no charge for this scanning.
- Printing is available at all our libraries except the Mobile Libraries.
- You will need a Pharos account.
- Don’t print more than you need — see our printing tips page to minimise costs.
Using headphones and headsets
- bring their own headsets and plug them into the front of the PC, or
- purchase disposable headsets from the library service desks for $2.50.
Get help with using our computers
Staff can offer some assistance
Library staff can help you but they are not trained in all programmes.
- Logging on
- Opening and saving files
- Some assistance with formatting Word documents
- Some assistance with creating an email account