Heritage

Prince of Wales Hotel, corner of Colombo and St. Asaph Streets, Christchurch

Prince of Wales Hotel, corner of Colombo and St. Asaph Streets, Christchurch

Prince of Wales Hotel, corner of Colombo and St. Asaph Streets, Christchurch
[1902]

This hotel was opened by John Whale (1826-1871) in 1863. The licensee from 1898 was Harry E. Pearcy, from 1903, J. O'Neill. This building was condemned by the Licensing Committee in 1902 and plans for a new hotel were approved in Mar. 1902. See Early Christchurch hotels / compiled by Jim Watson

View catalogue record

File Reference CCL PhotoCD 10, IMG0028

Previous Photo ~ Next Photo