- Born 29 February 1968 in Wellington. Son of a trade unionist father, and a poet, writer and union publicist mother.
- Studied composition, and electronic music at Auckland University and Eastman School of Music in Rochester, New York (1992).
- Percussionist for NZ Symphony Orchestra and Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra.
- Composes for symphony orchestra and percussion pieces for Indonesian Gamelan orchestra (Indonesian drums).
- Works include Lilith's dream of ecstasy, solo pieces for flute and for piano, music for Douglas Wright and the Royal New Zealand Ballet, From the depths sound the great sea gongs for the NZ Symphony Orchestra, and music for the NZ String Quartet.
- Has composed solo pieces for pianist Michael Houstoun and flautist Alexa Still, and was commissioned to write a piece Te Papa for the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra for the opening of the Museum of New Zealand.
- Has released three classical CDs and wrote a fanfare for the opening of the new Christchurch Art Gallery in May 2003.
- Has an alter ego (another personality) called Lilith Lacroix, a drag queen, who performs the solo show Drumdrag, and has released her own CD.