Inventors and inventions
We have expanded and updated our list of inventors and their inventions and created some groupings to make it easier for you to find the information that you are looking for. All lists include the date of the invention or discovery.
- Inventors and their inventions
- Who invented the…?
- Communications inventions
- Inventions around the home
- Medical inventions
- Transportation inventions
Lists compiled from
- Desmond, Kevin. Harwin chronology of inventions, innovations, discoveries: from pre-history to the present day, Kevin Desmond.
- World of invention, edited by Bridget Travers
- Eureka: scientific discoveries and inventions that shaped the world, edited by Linda Schmittroth.
Explore the the websites listed in our Internet gateway for kids - Science
If you can’t find the answer here we suggest trying the books or similar titles located at 608 in the Dewey sequence.
World Book Inventions and discoveries
We have a wonderful electronic resource called World Book Inventions and Discoveries. You can investigate some of the amazing inventions and discoveries that have changed the world. It includes video, animation and interactive activities and maps!