Ture ā Tākata - Law
- Māori Land Court Minute Books Index (MLCMBI)
- Easy and quick access to and index of over 1100 minute books between 1865 and 1910, from the Taitokerau, Waikato-Maniapoto, Tairawhiti, Waiariki, Aotea, Takitimu, and Waipounamu Māori Land Court Districts. Index only. For more information see about the Māori Land Court Minute Books
Access this with your library card number and PIN, or at our libraries.
- Ko te Kāwanatanga, te Ture me te Tōrangapū @ Te Puna Web Directory
- Tūhonotaka ki kā rōpū whakariterite me kā kōrero whakatau o Aotearoa.
- Māori : Government, Law and Politics @ Te Puna Web directory
- Links to New Zealand organisations and information.
- Legislative reform
- Legislative reform supplied by Te Puni Kōkiri. Te Puni Kōkiri is responsible for changes to legislation within the Māori Affairs portfolio as well as changes to legislation that relates to Māori Affairs.
- Māori custom and values in New Zealand Law
- Full-text (in PDF format) of this Law Commission report. The purpose of the 2001 report is to examine how Māori custom and values impact on current New Zealand law and to how give effect to Māori values in the laws in the future.
- Māori Customary Fsheries
- Information about customary fishing from the Ministry of Fisheries.
- Māori Land Court Te Kooti Whenua Māori
- The New Zealand court that hears matters relating to Maori land. There are seven Māori Land Court Registry offices in New Zealand. At these offices you can access application forms and lodge enquiries, look at historical Māori title and ownership information, and talk to staff about Māori Land Court processes.
- Māori Land Court decisions
- Māori Land Court Judgments, mainly from the Māori Appellate Court, are now available through this website.
- Māori Land Legislation Database
- summary of all New Zealand legislation from 1840 to 1995 (including private and local Acts) which has explicitly dealt with Māori people and Māori land. It also gives brief notes on the historical context and the impact of each Act cited, with references to other Government publications and law cases.
- Māori land online
- From Te Kooti Whenua Māori , The Māori Land Court, searchable database for holdings of tribal land. Searchable by name of individual owner, trust, or block.
- Māori Law Society Te Hunga Roia Māori O Aotearoa
- The Māori Law Review
- Te Matahauariki : Research Institute
- The Project is to consider ways in which the legal system of Aotearoa/New Zealand might better reflect the values and concepts of the country's two major cultures.
- Waitangi Tribunal Te Ropu Whakamana i te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Established by the Treaty of Waitangi Act 1975. It is a permanent commission of inquiry and consists of 16 members appointed by the Governor-General on the recommendation of the Minister of Māori Affairs. The Tribunal's role is to make recommendations on claims brought by Māori relating to the practical application of the Treaty and to determine whether certain matters are inconsistent with the principles of the Treaty.