- Te Ara - Encyclopedia of New Zealand
- Can be viewed in both Māori and English. In Māori, Te Ara means 'the pathway'. This Encyclopedia offers many pathways to understanding New Zealand. Building a comprehensive guide to our peoples, natural environment, history, culture, economy, institutions and society.
- National Geographic - Kids
- Access to the digital archive of the trusted children's magazine National Geographic: Kids. Aimed at 6-14 year olds.
Access this with your library card number and PIN, or at our libraries.
- Ancient Egypt
- Explore the world of the Ancient Egyptians with The British Museum. Learn about mummies, pyramids, goddesses and pharaohs with heaps of pictures.
- Bridle Path: Their Story - Our Story
- Learn what it was like for Canterbury Settlers. Includes some great primary accounts of travellers on the first four ships. From Canterbury Branch of NZ Historic Places Trust.
- Early Christchurch
- Fact sheets about the early European colonisation of Christchurch and some of its most famous personalities. From Christchurch City Libraries.
- Eternal Egypt
- Eternal Egypt tells you the living history of Egypt in images, animations, 3-D models and more.
- The History Channel
- Find out what happened today in history.
- History for Kids
- From the BBC. Enter ancient worlds, meet famous people and discover fascinating facts by exploring a wide selection of historical games and activities.
- Living Heritage Tikanga Tuku Iho Tikanga Tuku Iho
- An online bilingual initiative that enables New Zealand schools to develop and publish an online resource, based on a heritage treasure in their community.
- New Zealand Politics Timeline
- A timeline of New Zealand political events from 1642 to 2004. From Christchurch City Libraries.
- Odyssey's Online Greece
- A journey to explore Ancient Greek culture using artifacts from museums around the world. Make your own discoveries through cool puzzles, games, and more.
- Treaty of Waitangi factsheets
- Introduction and background to the Treaty for kids from Christchurch City Libraries.
- Treaty of Waitangi Information for Schools
- Answers to questions from school pupils to the Waitangi Tribunal.
- You wouldn't want to be a polar explorer!
- Get ready; as a brave young sailor looking for adventure, you're about to join Ernest Shackleton's expedition to Antarctica! Use the links at the side to take your polar journey.