Heritage

The Embassy Theatre, 69 Cathedral Square

The Embassy Theatre, 69 Cathedral Square

The Embassy Theatre, 69 Cathedral Square
[Feb. 1960]

This was originally the Grand Theatre, opening on 2 June 1913. It became the Embassy Theatre in 1953 and closed in 1959. It was demolished in Feb. 1960 to make way for the Government Life building. This photograph shows Ryan Brothers Ltd. working on the Square frontage in preparation for its demolition.

View catalogue record

File Reference CCL PhotoCD 17, IMG0084

Previous Photo ~ Next Photo