Heritage

Christchurch Post Office, Cathedral Square, Christchurch

Christchurch Post Office, Cathedral Square, Christchurch

Christchurch Post Office, Cathedral Square, Christchurch
[197-]

This building opened in 1879. In 1991 part of the back was demolished to make way for Telecom Corporation of New Zealand's eight-storey telecommunications centre. A pedestrian mall through the Post Office links the Square to Hereford Street. On the left are the women's rest rooms and crèche which opened in 1932. This building was replaced with another in 1994.

View catalogue record

File Reference CCL PhotoCD 18, IMG0009

Previous Photo ~ Next Photo