- Australian Society of Archivists (ASA)
- Council of Australasian Archive and Records Authorities (AARA)
- The Council of Australasian Archives and Records Authorities (CAARA) comprises the heads of the government archives authorities of the Commonwealth of Australia, New Zealand and each of the Australian States and Territories.. Former Council of Federal State and Territory Archives
- International Association of Sound Archives (IASA)
- The International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives (IASA) was established in 1969 in Amsterdam to function as a medium for international co-operation between archives that preserve recorded sound and audiovisual documents.
- International Council of Archives (ICA)
- International body which sets standards for archival description, access, etc.
- International Federation of Television Archives (FIAT/IFTA) Fédération Internationale des Archives de Télévision
- An international professional association established to provide a means for co-operation amongst broadcast and national audiovisual archives and libraries concerned with the collection, preservation and exploitation of moving image and recorded sound materials and associated documentation.
- Pacific Regional Branch International Council on Archives (PARBICA)