- Ancestry.com Library Edition
- A wide variety of content to help trace your family history. Includes records from United States, United Kingdom and Ireland.
Access this at any of our libraries.
- Christchurch City Council Cemeteries Database
- This database includes interments from the following cemeteries: Addington Cemetery, Avonhead Park Cemetery, Barbadoes Street, Belfast Cemetery, Bromley Cemetery, Linwood Cemetery, Memorial Park Cemetery, Ruru Lawn Cemetery, Sydenham Cemetery, Waimairi Cemetery, Woolston Cemetery, Yaldhurst Cemetery.
- Find My Past
- Find family history and genealogy information for the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the United States, Papua New Guinea and the Pacific Islands all in one place.
Access this at any of our libraries. Limited to twelve users at any one time.
- Access MyHeritage library edition to trace, share and preserve your family history. Records are sourced from around the world.
Access this with your library card number and PIN, or at our libraries.
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Minds memorials in over 150 countries and holds information on the 1.7 million members of the British Commonwealth forces who died in the two world wars as well as the 60,000 civilian casualties of WWII. This huge database is online as the Debt of Honour Register. Users may search the Register for "personal and service details and places of commemoration" for relatives and "identify the exact location, by cemetery plot or memorial panel, where any given name is commemorated." Search variables include surname, initials, war or year of death, force, and nationality.
- Crew List Index Project (CLIP)
- CLIP was set up to improve access to the records of British merchant seafarers of the late 19th century and has gathered the largest database of entries from crew lists. CLIP is confined to merchant seafarers on British registered ships for the period 1861 to 1913.
- Family Search
- From the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Search several large family history indexes separately or combine searches across more than one index into one global search. There are tips for novice researchers and contact details for Family History Centres worldwide.
- Family Tree Templates
- Free downloadable family tree templates from ObituariesHelp.org
- Federation of Family History Societies
- A non-profit organisation committed to advising family history societies and other genealogical organisations.
- Find a grave
- Discover the final resting places of eminent people and animals.
- Interment.net Cemetery records online
- A free online library of burial records from thousands of cemeteries across the world, for historical and genealogy research. Contains links, and material added by volunteers. Search NZ by provinces. Some smaller NZ cemeteries are listed, such as the Arundel Cemetery near Geraldine. Not comprehensive but useful additional information.
- Interment.net Cemetery Transcription Library
- Searchable website with 3,897,472 cemetery records across 8,375 cemeteries from around the world. Material provided by individuals around the world as well as by government agencies, cemetery associations, and members of the funeral industry.
- National Trust Names
- The findings of a project based at University College London (UCL) investigates the distribution of surnames in Great Britain, both current and historic. It allows users to search databases to trace the geography and history of their family names.
- Rudy's List of Archaic Medical
- A glossary of archaic medical terms, diseases and causes of death. A great genealogist's resource for interpreting causes of death.