- Air Force Museum of New Zealand Christchurch
- National Museum of New Zealand Military Aviation, located at the oldest military flying field at Wigram, near Christchurch.Aims to preserve and present the history of New Zealand Military Aviation for commemoration, inspiration, learning and enjoyment. The collection items number in the millions including over 28 classic aircraft, engines and assorted parts to medals, weapons, pin-ups and parachute-silk wedding dresses.
- National Army Museum Waiouru - Te Mata Toa
- Showcases New Zealand's military history, telling the stories of Kiwi soldiers and explores New Zealand's participation in major conflicts worldwide.
- National War Memorial
- The tomb of the Unknown Warrior. The Memorial commemorates all New Zealanders who gave their lives in the South African War, the two World Wars, the conflicts in Malaysia and Vietnam and on peace-keeping operations world-wide. The National War Memorial features a Carillon, Hall of Memories and the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior. A New Zealand Memorial Park to be based alongside the Memorial is currently under development.
- The Torpedo Bay Navy Museum
- Contains one of New Zealand's largest collections of naval history resources including books, archives and a large photographic collection.
- Warbirds and wheels Wanaka