Pakanga - World Wars
- 28 (Maori) Battalion
- By J F Cody. War History Branch, Dept. of Internal Affairs, 1956. A volume of the Official History of New Zealand in the Second World War 1939-45.
Digitised by New Zealand Electronic Text Centre.
- 28 Māori Battalion
- Official site of the 28 Māori Battalion Association (Waikato Branch)
- 28th Māori Battalion
- The 28th Māori Battalion website is a place to record, remember, honour and maintain information and knowledge of the Māori Battalion and its outstanding contribution to Aotearoa New Zealand.
- 28th Māori Battalion Association
- Official site of the 28 Māori Battalion Association
- Arohatia te Reo: learning 50 kupu hou (new Māori words) - Te Reo and WWI research
- Puawai Cairns of Te Papa shares kupu Māori (Māori words) she uses in her everyday mahi/work as a curator at Te Papa, and especially in First World War research.
- Fighting for equality: The Maori War Effort Organisation 1942-1945
- The Maori War Effort Organisation was formed during the Second World War to assist with recruitment for the forces and war-related service.
- Forgotten grandfathers - Maori men of WW1
- Puawai Cairns from Te Papa speaks at a TEDx event. Forgotten grandfathers: Newly discovered stories from the Maori men of World War I.
- Kia Mau
- The Kia Mau resource was originally designed for senior Māori-medium teachers. It focuses on two waiata and two haka that have an association with the Māori Battalion. On this site, you can now access the teachers' notes in English and the DVD clips with English subtitles.
- Māori Pioneer Battalion
- Photographs of soldiers of the New Zealand Māori Pioneer Battalion, from Auckland City Libraries' Heritage Images Collection.