- Agriculture Collection
- This collection of more than 400 titles is focused on agriculture and its related fields: from practical aspects of farming to cutting-edge scientific research in horticulture. Includes Agricola database.
Access this with your library card number and PIN, or at our libraries.
- Agriculture @ Te Puna Web Directory
- Links to New Zealand organisations and information.
- Agriculture Industry Training Organisation (AgITO)
- Agriculture Research Group on Sustainability (ARGOS)
- The Agricultural Research Group on Sustainability (ARGOS) is an unincorporated joint venture between the Agribusiness Group, Lincoln University, and the University of Otago. It is funded by the Foundation for Research, Science and Technology (FRST) and various industry stakeholders and commenced in October 2003. ARGOS has a mandate to examine the environmental, social and economic sustainability of New Zealand farming systems.
- Key price information from processors, agents, and stock companies
- Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics (ABARE)
- CODEX Alimentarius Commission (CAC)
- Created in 1963 by FAO and WHO to develop food standards, guidelines and related texts such as codes of practice under the Joint FAO/WHO Food Standards Programme. The main purposes of this Programme are protecting health of the consumers and ensuring fair trade practices in the food trade, and promoting coordination of all food standards work undertaken by international governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Contains information on Fonterra, New Zealand's leading multinational dairy company, co-operatively owned by 13,000 New Zealand supplier shareholders.
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- The Food and Agriculture Organization was founded in October 1945 with a mandate to raise levels of nutrition and standards of living, to improve agricultural productivity, and to better the condition of rural populations. A specialized agency within the United Nations system.
- Hill Laboratories
- A privately owned laboratory which tests water, soil, plant material and feedstuffs.
- Kararehe kino / Vertebrate pest research
- Formerly known as He Korero Paihama / Possum Research Newsletter.
- Landcare Research New Zealand Limited Manaaki Whenua
- Crown Research Institute that focuses on management of land resources for conservation and for primary production.
- Maori Land Use Options Resource Kit
- Starter information from which Maori land owners can well-informed decisions about how best to develop their land.
- Ministry of Primary Industries Te Manatu Ahuwhenua, Ngaherehere
- MPI is the ministry formed from the merger of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, the Ministry of Fisheries and the New Zealand Food Safety Authority.
- National Agricultural Library
- Includes access to their catalogue.
- National Possum Control Agencies
- New Zealand Good Agricultural Practice
- A quality assurance programme that provides a traceable, accountable system from crop to customer for the production of fruit, vegetables, olives and flowers.
- New Zealand Industry Training Organisation
- Meat processing, dairy manufacturing, seafood industry, leather manufacturing qualifications.
- Rural Women New Zealand
- Advocacy and development organisation for women in rural communities.
- Seed Savers Aotearoa New Zealand (SSANZ)
- Established to facilitate the sharing of information and resources between regional seed saving groups.
- Smallfarming New Zealand