Aquaculture and Fishing
- Aquatic Biodiversity & Biosecurity Update
- This electronic newsletter is produced by the National Centre for Aquatic Biodiversity and Biosecurity. Articles range from the discovery of a giant octopus to distribution of native fish in New Zealand waterways, and from detection of introduced marine species to biosecurity threats to geothermal streams.
- Best Fish Guide
- Forest & Bird provides NZ consumers with this guide which ranks the ecological sustainability of seafood from our commercial fisheries.
- FAO Fisheries
- aims to promote sustainable development of responsible fisheries and contribute to food security.
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- The Food and Agriculture Organization was founded in October 1945 with a mandate to raise levels of nutrition and standards of living, to improve agricultural productivity, and to better the condition of rural populations. A specialized agency within the United Nations system.
- Freshwater Biodata Information System (FBIS)
- Freshwater Biodata Information System contains fish, algae, aquatic plant and invertebrate data and metadata gathered from New Zealand's freshwater streams, rivers and lakes.
- National Centre for Fisheries & Aquaculture
- The Centre provides access to NIWA’s expertise in fisheries and aquaculture planning, development and research.
- Seafood Industry Training Organisations (SITO)
- WorldFish Center - FishBase Project
- Mulit-lingual fish identification database