- February 11
- Deans, Gebbie and Manson families sail from Wellington on the "Richmond" to settle at Riccarton.
- Captain Francis Sinclair and Ebenezer Hay and family settle at Pigeon Bay, Banks Peninsula.
- June 17
- John Deans lands sheep, cattle and horses at Lyttelton.
- December 8
- Greenwood brothers (James and Joseph) settle at Purau, Lyttelton Harbour.
- Information for this resource was based on the second edition of John Densem’s Christchurch chronology: a history of settlement. Environmental Policy and Planning Policy Unit, Christchurch City Council, 1990.
More about the Christchurch Chronology.
- This resource includes links to various other local history resources on our websites and images from our photographs collection - clicking on the image will take you to a larger version of that image.