- Scott statue, sculpted by his widow, unveiled opposite the (then) Municipal Offices in Oxford Terrace.
- March 20
- Avonside and St Martins join City.
- May 7
- Canterbury Aviation Company makes first flights from Sockburn Aerodrome, New Zealand’s first airport.
- Mrs A. Wells becomes Christchurch’s first woman City Councillor.
- June 9
- Sign of the Kiwi opens.
- Canterbury Exhibition Hall in Manchester Street burned out.
- Information for this resource was based on the second edition of John Densem’s Christchurch chronology: a history of settlement. Environmental Policy and Planning Policy Unit, Christchurch City Council, 1990.
More about the Christchurch Chronology.
- This resource includes links to various other local history resources on our websites and images from our photographs collection - clicking on the image will take you to a larger version of that image.