Heritage

The municipal offices in Manchester Street, Christchurch

The municipal offices in Manchester Street, Christchurch

The municipal offices in Manchester Street, Christchurch
[1925]

Built on the site of the Canterbury Hall which had been destroyed by fire in 1917, the offices were opened on 1 Sept. 1924. The facade of His Majesty's Theatre, which had been part of the Canterbury Hall, was able to be incorporated in the new structure. The portico was later demolished

View more information

File Reference CCL PhotoCD 2, IMG0083

Previous Photo ~ Next Photo