A new engine exhibited by the Addington Workshops
Caption: A new engine exhibited by the Addington Workshops
Description: “The locomotive was built entirely at the Addington Workshops, and is the largest ever constructed south of the line. It measures sixty feet from end to end, and weighs 72 tons in working trim. The driving wheels are 4ft 6in in diameter, and it has two high pressure cylinders. The engine is built on the De Glehng system, and its tractive power is 19,000 pounds. It has been so placed that it can be thoroughly inspected by visitors.
Source: Canterbury Times 7 Nov. 1906, [Supplement, p 4]
General Copyright and other restrictions
This material has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. Please contact Christchurch City Libraries if you have any questions relating to the use of this material. It is the responsibility of the user to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.