Heritage

Nurses and some patients at the Avon Pine Sanitorium at Wainoni on the New Brighton Road.

Nurses and some patients at the Avon Pine Sanitorium at Wainoni on the New Brighton Road.

Nurses and some patients at the Avon Pine Sanitorium at Wainoni on the New Brighton Road.
[22 Apr. 1904]

Cases of consumption were treated here by the open-air method. The Sanitorium was established by, and was under the charge of, Dr Greenwood (b. 1860 or 1). It was formally opened by Sir Joseph Ward (1856-1930), then Minister of Public Health.

View catalogue record

File Reference CCL PhotoCD 17, IMG0046

Previous Photo ~ Next Photo