Heritage

A patient's quarters at the Avon Pine Sanitorium at Wainoni on the New Brighton Road.

A patient's quarters at the Avon Pine Sanitorium at Wainoni on the New Brighton Road.

A patient's quarters at the Avon Pine Sanitorium at Wainoni on the New Brighton Road.
[22 Apr. 1904]

Cases of consumption were treated here by the open-air method. The Sanitorium was established by, and was under the charge of, Dr Greenwood (b. 1860 or 1). It was formally opened by Sir Joseph Ward (1856-1930), then Minister of Public Health.

View catalogue record

File Reference CCL PhotoCD 17, IMG0045

Previous Photo ~ Next Photo