Heritage

The rose garden in the Christchurch Botanic Gardens, early 1950s

The rose garden in the Christchurch Botanic Gardens, early 1950s

The rose garden in the Christchurch Botanic Gardens, early 1950s
[195-]

The rose garden was established in 1909 and redesigned in its later circular form in 1935. The mirror pool shown in the centre of the garden was replaced with a sundial in memory of Thomas Stevenson in 1954. In the background is Cuningham House, a conservatory which opened in 1923 to grow tropical plants

View catalogue record

File Reference CCL PhotoCD 16, IMG0067

Previous Photo ~ Next Photo